360 spins at ~70mph are fun!

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
speedjunkie

360 spins at ~70mph are fun!

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14

I was leaving work today, and merging onto Powers from the west gate of the base is a nice little 30mph turn that I usually take at around 60-70mph when I'm in the car. Today I pushed a little harder than normal and I guess I turned in a little too much while under throttle...yeah, about half way through the turn the back end stepped out to the left, and for a minute I thought I could correct it. Nope. Once I new it was gone I puckered up and enjoyed the ride lol. I spun all the way around and ended up facing exactly the way I would be had nothing happened at all, even in the middle of the lane. If I'd just remembered it was in 4th gear still and thought to downshift I could have possibly made it look like it was on purpose. LOL

There is no damage to the car, and there were no curbs and there wasn't anyone around me, which is the main reason I wasn't as worried as I think I'd normally have been.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14

Hey- if you're gonna have a sweet car, why not let loose in it once in a while...am I right? :D
one and one makes two, together we are free

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14

I support it
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14

I don't understand this "spin" you speak of? :)

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14

Sounds like an oh-shit moment, for sure!

I test drove a 135i this Saturday, and got myself about 1/2 way into throwing it hard into a curb and possibly on its top. Thankfully gravity got rubber back in contact with road and I was able to return to the dealership with my license and dignity intact!
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

erod550

Postby erod550 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14

Did the FD seat need some cleaning afterward?
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14

http://youtu.be/lHe2nZjJfkI something like this?

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:14

Nate...agreed.

Alex, thanks for the support lol.

Moose, you should give it a shot sometime lol.

Barn, glad you were able to recover lol.

Eric, when I first realized I wasn't saving it, I did pucker a little, but after it was all over and I knew I didn't hit anything or anyone, I was actually kinda ready to do it again, but maybe in an open parking lot next time lol.

Luis, it was like that but I was going quite a bit faster haha.

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

Yikes! We need to get you a GoPro and a dash mount if your gonna be stunt driving that beast!

If you wanna spin every time you try a fast turn I have a Trans Am you should definitely buy!!

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:
Moose, you should give it a shot sometime lol.

sideways I can do... but spin... my car won't let me :D

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

~Barn~ wrote:Sounds like an oh-shit moment, for sure!

I test drove a 135i this Saturday, and got myself about 1/2 way into throwing it hard into a curb and possibly on its top. Thankfully gravity got rubber back in contact with road and I was able to return to the dealership with my license and dignity intact!

was the salesman in the car with you? :huh:
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

mOOsE wrote:sideways I can do... but spin... my car won't let me :D

I think Russ Swift would disagree!

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

tsx_guy wrote:was the salesman in the car with you? :huh:

He was. And I have to say we both played it pretty close to the vest. I kinda segued quickly into a discussion about DST settings available from the car. He immediately wise-cracked something to the effect of: "Yeah it can be deactivated, but you were going downhill and ninty..."
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

~Barn~ wrote:He was. And I have to say we both played it pretty close to the vest. I kinda segued quickly into a discussion about DST settings available from the car. He immediately wise-cracked something to the effect of: "Yeah it can be deactivated, but you were going downhill and ninty..."

ha ha ha , nice ! and holy crap!! I'm sure you aren't the first ...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

Dwduc wrote:Yikes! We need to get you a GoPro and a dash mount if your gonna be stunt driving that beast!

If you wanna spin every time you try a fast turn I have a Trans Am you should definitely buy!!

I have a GoPro, I just don't always have it with me and filming lol.

~Barn~ wrote:He was. And I have to say we both played it pretty close to the vest. I kinda segued quickly into a discussion about DST settings available from the car. He immediately wise-cracked something to the effect of: "Yeah it can be deactivated, but you were going downhill and ninty..."

LOL that's great!

Return to “Lounge”