Political rant thread

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
KILLER_VIZ

Postby KILLER_VIZ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14

Brigdh wrote:This must be specific to Colorado, as Wisconsin, Michigan, and West Virginia all allow hunting of wild animals on your own land sans license (or at least did when I was a kid, I know Wisconsin has been screwing with the licenses lately).

Same in Ohio! I use to pay $40 for a year of hunting and fishing. Oh and fishing back home is way better than here. The lake trout I catch here is the size of bait fish I use back home! LOL

KILLER_VIZ

Postby KILLER_VIZ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14

Oh and the congress voted against the UN gun treaty!!!!!!!! Guess what state's Reps voted for the treaty??? Colorado's very own Udall and Bennet!

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14

Who cares about N. Korea, lets discuss Memphis music, yay!

JT looks like a schoolgirl-crushed-db: http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130409/b406425/
one and one makes two, together we are free

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14

Thankfully, since the First LAdy isn't an elected official with the power to represent the people in Foreign Affairs, she can do all kinds of feel good work around the USA. This transcends part lines. Some First Ladies have taken on more impactful social issues though (I am supportive of M.O.'s work on childhood obesity though).

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14

wtf!?: http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/04/drivers-licenses-for-illegal-immigrants-advances/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=drivers-licenses-for-illegal-immigrants-advances

Such nonsense, I swear. I think I shall propose something:

- Let's provide clean needles to heroin addicts, on the taxpayers dime. yes, yes...this way 'said' drug addicts can safely use. Let's not worry about the legalities of heroin use:rolleyes:

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:wtf!?: http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/04/drivers-licenses-for-illegal-immigrants-advances/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=drivers-licenses-for-illegal-immigrants-advances

Such nonsense, I swear. I think I shall propose something:

- Let's provide clean needles to heroin addicts, on the taxpayers dime. yes, yes...this way 'said' drug addicts can safely use. Let's not worry about the legalities of heroin use:rolleyes:

holy crap. Is the pot-smoke filling the entire frontrange? Democrats REALLY don't want any votes next election... well, at least from everyone but illegal aliens. Yay.

kingtut

That's what's so scary. I'd wager to say there's a fair amount of people (on this site no less) that would support such idiocy.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:That's what's so scary. I'd wager to say there's a fair amount of people (on this site no less) that would support such idiocy.

In this particular case (driver's licenses for illegals) I am not one of them.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14

Just reading the first sentence... it is wrong...

"A bill to grant state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards to illegal immigrants..."

That just doesn't look right... with ILLEGAL being the keyword... doesn't matter what country they're from. What is happening to the great state of Colorado. What are these (D) (bags) doing to this state?

"...illegal immigrants would be required to provide documents to prove residency in Colorado..."

A prove of residency of a place where you are ILLEGAL to be in? How is that even possible? There's just so many wrongs in this bill.

If they want EVERYONE to pay tax, then get rid of income tax and increase sales tax. DONE!!! EVERYONE pay taxes, illegals or not.
Image Image

kingtut

The irony...ohhh, the irony.

"Moving Forward" is a prime example.

Justin

Postby Justin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:Let's provide clean needles to heroin addicts, on the taxpayers dime. yes, yes...this way 'said' drug addicts can safely use. Let's not worry about the legalities of heroin use:rolleyes:

Sounds like a great idea to me. Clean needles are way cheaper than treating Hep C and HIV for free, which is what you'd wind up doing otherwise. I've worked on a needle exchange project, very interesting population to spend time with.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14

Why am I paying for someone else's treatment that contracted a disease doing something illegal?

You put that person face to face with me and I'd love to talk with them and would even be willing to help them out if they appeared to acknowledge their mistakes, correct them, and move themselves to a better purpose.

However, simply giving out needles to help the bottom line is not enough for me. It is a band aid for a person problem. I would rather help the people. Realistically, it would be far more expensive, but it is an expense I would feel good about. Social fixes that don't help the people get out of their situation, or encourage them to are not value added to the people that pay for them or to the people that receive the "assistance". And for what it is worth, I have benefited from social programs as a kid growing up and as a student. I realize they have value when used correctly...but then again, I can say the same for weapons.

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14

Justin wrote:Sounds like a great idea to me. Clean needles are way cheaper than treating Hep C and HIV for free, which is what you'd wind up doing otherwise. I've worked on a needle exchange project, very interesting population to spend time with.

Treat the situation instead of focusing on holding the individual accountable. No thanks. I chose not to do crack because of the risks involved, the life it leads to and the potential for death (and I have no interest). If someone does chose to do it, law aside, they need to accept the risks.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14

Justin wrote:Sounds like a great idea to me. Clean needles are way cheaper than treating Hep C and HIV for free, which is what you'd wind up doing otherwise. I've worked on a needle exchange project, very interesting population to spend time with.

I great way to meet new people.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Justin

Postby Justin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14

Shadowden wrote:You put that person face to face with me and I'd love to talk with them and would even be willing to help them out if they appeared to acknowledge their mistakes, correct them, and move themselves to a better purpose.

However, simply giving out needles to help the bottom line is not enough for me. It is a band aid for a person problem. I would rather help the people. Realistically, it would be far more expensive, but it is an expense I would feel good about. Social fixes that don't help the people get out of their situation, or encourage them to are not value added to the people that pay for them or to the people that receive the "assistance". And for what it is worth, I have benefited from social programs as a kid growing up and as a student. I realize they have value when used correctly...but then again, I can say the same for weapons.

Whose judgement should we use when determining whether they're deserving of treatment? If they're not up to your standards, would you argue that they deserve to not get medical care? What about if they overdose, should the EMTs ignore the call?

Return to “Lounge”