Waldo Fire

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14

1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14

United Way? Meh.
I generally don't support food bankz either. It's unfortunate that (yet again) such a just cause and meaningful idea, has become another avenue for the dirtbags out there to take advantage of.

That said, I did go against my own rule and make a donation to the Red Cross.
one and one makes two, together we are free

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14

united way is the one that is in charge of donations in town. they did a concert last night and all donations went through United Way. And if you go to the site it is the local united way so money stays here.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

erod550

Postby erod550 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14

kingtut wrote:United Way? Meh.
I generally don't support food bankz either. It's unfortunate that (yet again) such a just cause and meaningful idea, has become another avenue for the dirtbags out there to take advantage of.

That said, I did go against my own rule and make a donation to the Red Cross.

Do any charities live up to your standards?
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14

erod550 wrote:Do any charities live up to your standards?

Not many. But yes, a select few :)
one and one makes two, together we are free

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:14

I keep forgetting to mention, I met Jerri Marr at Rudy's Monday night. She was really cool and down to earth. I asked her what she thought of the weather control satellite question lol. Maybe when I have computer access at home again sometime I'll post up a pic of us.

Volunteered yesterday out at Mountain Shadows. Directed traffic. Actually it was taking information down and allowing families, insurance agents, and cleaning companies into the area while keeping looters and media out. Well, we could have if they would have actually blocked off all the other streets. I'm not sure why they even had an ECP if they still had other streets open. DUH. Talking to one lady that had lost everything and she was living out of her car and had sent her kids away for the time being. Felt so bad for her. We drove up into the area when we were about done for the day, the devastation is unreal. Whole neighborhoods gone, while on some streets you'll have one house destroyed with a good house on both side of it. I also saw a few trees that were only partially burned. Weird. One of the houses still had a car in the garage that had burned completely, all that was left was the metal. Looked like an older Hyundai Elantra or something. Saw what was left of some refrigerators, not much else.

Return to “Lounge”