CMZC Firearms Center

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14

Trying to figure out which stock is right for me. I like the idea of a fixed cheek piece with an adjustable butt. Anyone with experience? looking at the ubr, but it is spendy. Second from right in picture. I am planning to build in FDE.

magpulredesign.commercev3.com/images/uploads/category_4_7760.png

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14

I actually have the 1st gen of the UBR stock. Magpul sold the design to Ergo. They are selling it as ERGO F93 PRO. It's cheaper. It's adjustable but once locked in place, it is solid like a one piece rifle stock, no wiggle at all. Makes it more accurate when you're trying to be accurate. If you can find one in stock, it's much cheaper than UBR.

Edit: Did a quick google... a few places got them. Amazon got them too. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Stock-Assembly-Black-12-Inch/dp/B003RBMQOC"]Amazon.com: Ergo Grip F93 AR15/M16 Adjustable Pro Stock Assembly (Black, 12-Inch): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]
Image Image

Shadowden

Nice. Sort of torn though as I would like to have amagpul with the "Boulder, Colorado" in it.

Should be a nice talking piece considering the make up of Boulder...

Can you help me cipher this "the only thing youll need is a carbine buffer and and spring and the tube is custom to the ubr"
Edit: I think I have that figured out, but it appears the Buffer weight has an effect on the ejection of rounds from different length barrels and such. So, I guess I need to know even more now.

Contemplated barrel: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/barrels/5-56-223/16/psa-16-hammer-forged-chrome-lined-m4a1-mp-barrel.html

Want to be able to reach out and touch prairie dogs. Also needs to be maneuverable. They have an 18", but I'm not sure an odd size would be good for parts and such.

I`m Batman

Shadowden wrote:Can you help me cipher this "the only thing youll need is a carbine buffer and and spring and the tube is custom to the ubr"

That just means that you'll need to get the buffer and spring separately to complete your stock.

The tube is custom to UBR stock (not just any standard tube will work/fit), which it comes with the stock so you don't have to worry about that part.

Here's a UBR install video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrhFJA7LIjY"]MAGPUL UBR INSTALLATION - YouTube[/ame]
Image Image

Shadowden

Looking at PSA, the Carbine buffers do not have different weights...At times, this is pretty frustrating understanding the nuances. Is a carbine a rifle style? So the spring would be different than the ones used for normally telescoping stocks?

I`m Batman

Well carbine and rifle in this case refers to the stock.
If you have a fixed rifle stock you would need a rifle spring and buffer because the buffer tube is a little longer than the carbine stock (adjustable stock). The buffer is different as well.

Image Image

Shadowden

Have the psa moe lower parts kit in my cart with everything ready to go except to purchase now. Do you think 80.00 is a good price for that kit? No stock, buffer or spring.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-gen-2-moe-lpk.html

EDIT: Took me a bit to figure out how to type in your username Batman...`.

I`m Batman

That sounds about right for MOE for what they're going for now.
Image Image

Shadowden

Could wait to see if they do a sale at the end of the month.
Edit: done. Batman, when could you help me and how long do you think it will take? Semester is almost done and the only other thing taking my time will be the car.

I`m Batman

I'd say get it. There probably won't be any sale anytime soon. Not like what it used to be... for awhile. If they do go on sale, it'll probably be out of stock quicker than it already is currently.

A standard buffer and springs are cheap. If you're planning to get UBR then this is a good option.
Image Image

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14

D Walker wrote:I generally dont post pics of any guns online, but I have several and am always adding to the collection.

I'm with you. I know this comment was from awhile ago, but I just noticed this thread.

We should do a run to the mountains and go shooting. That's my vote. Haha

Too many things could go wrong though.

I`m Batman

Shadowden wrote:EDIT: Took me a bit to figure out how to type in your username Batman...`.

There's a story behind that...
Once upon a time...
long story short... Some websites uses SQL database and a single quote ' is a controlled character in SQL, which will break stuff if it was thrown into a string when querying... if the developer didn't account for it when the site was written... To avoid the whole jazz, I just use a different character. :)
Image Image

I`m Batman

For the record - I sold all of my guns already, before July 1st. :)

I believe Shadowden is just hypothetically building an AR too... not a real one. :)
Image Image

I`m Batman

Shadowden wrote:Edit: done. Batman, when could you help me and how long do you think it will take? Semester is almost done and the only other thing taking my time will be the car.

Anytime. It shouldn't take too long... 30 mins or less to hypothetically put together a lower kit. Let me know when you get it.
Image Image

Shadowden

I`m Batman wrote:For the record - I sold all of my guns already, before July 1st. :)

I believe Shadowden is just hypothetically building an AR too... not a real one. :)

Hypothetical...of course. I have considered getting into airsoftting.

Return to “Lounge”