Closed my thread...wtf!

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

I think we all care a great deal for Bree because she did some absolutely amazing work here, and like Randy said, she worked her butt off for this club. So curiosity about her departure (and well being) are natural. By all means, protecting her privacy is important, and I agree wholeheartedly with the mods in doing so. My disagreement is only with the method employed.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Quite honestly, search. There are plenty of posts in the Sonic thread about what happened. No posts were deleted, edited, or modified in any way. No thread was deleted. Simply closed. Well, I did move it, as it was posted in the CP-E forum, for some reason.

Personally, I have no problem with Bree, nor was I involved in anything that prompted her to leave the club. To be quite honest, other than a fallout from the Sonic Thread, I don't know what happened beyond that.

Threads asking "what happened to so and so" ultimately end up doing nothing other than stir crap up, whether that was the intent of the original poster or not. That is why the thread was closed. People need to quit looking for conspiracies where there are none. Really, there's no purpose to this thread, other than to bash on us (meaning me, as I acted solo) moderators. I'll keep this thread open against my better judgment (read the user agreement you agreed to when you signed up on the site) but any thread I see in the future that I feel will devolve into potential personal conflict involving members or former members of the site will be closed without warning. Especially when said former members aren't around to provide a counterpoint. Nor should anyone expect an explanation, because one will not be given, as it should be obvious. If you don't think I was obvious enough when closing the prior thread, please reread my reference to "drama" within that post. I've been accused of being too subtle in the past. I won't make the same error moving forward.

I find it humorous that any moderating beyond "please delete my duplicate post" is seen as heavy handed censorship.

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Maybe I need to make a section on my forum and call it The CMZC Refugee Camp :lol:

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Huzer wrote:Quite honestly, search. There are plenty of posts in the Sonic thread about what happened. No posts were deleted, edited, or modified in any way. No thread was deleted. Simply closed. Well, I did move it, as it was posted in the CP-E forum, for some reason.

Personally, I have no problem with Bree, nor was I involved in anything that prompted her to leave the club. To be quite honest, other than a fallout from the Sonic Thread, I don't know what happened beyond that.

Threads asking "what happened to so and so" ultimately end up doing nothing other than stir crap up, whether that was the intent of the original poster or not. That is why the thread was closed. People need to quit looking for conspiracies where there are none. Really, there's no purpose to this thread, other than to bash on us (meaning me, as I acted solo) moderators. I'll keep this thread open against my better judgment (read the user agreement you agreed to when you signed up on the site) but any thread I see in the future that I feel will devolve into potential personal conflict involving members or former members of the site will be closed without warning. Especially when said former members aren't around to provide a counterpoint. Nor should anyone expect an explanation, because one will not be given, as it should be obvious. If you don't think I was obvious enough when closing the prior thread, please reread my reference to "drama" within that post. I've been accused of being too subtle in the past. I won't make the same error moving forward.

I find it humorous that any moderating beyond "please delete my duplicate post" is seen as heavy handed censorship.

I can respect a response like this and do believe that it is totally justified. My issue is that a response should have been posted prior to closing or moving the post as to why the post is closed.

Simply stating that someone is not here to defend or justify themselves is reason enough in my mind. We are all friend here and deserve a certain level of respect.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Moderation on this forum reminds me of the movie Minority Report. Decisions are made not on what HAS happened, but what MIGHT POSSIBLY happen in the future. LOL

"This guy wants to sell this part, but I should close this thread because this could start a fight between two people wanting to buy the same part. OR it could just be sold and all ends well...but I'm going to assume the worst will happen."

Of course in the past, it seems that most of the threads I posted in got closed, so this one may be closing soon too LOL.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

For as often as any "moderation" actually occurs (other than catching spammers and bots), the amount of talking about it is disproportional.

Moderation happens. Deal with it. If you don't agree with it, leave. Case closed.

tbot

Postby tbot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

I could see that thread going both ways. In all honesty, it was a simple question, but after others posted "we'll let you know" I think it should have been left at that. There are certain reasons decisions are made around here not because of what "might" happen, but the fact that it "will" happen. Like Tim said, all of the answers where available it just involves a quick search. The attempt to bring up bullshit, whether intended or not, is really not something I think any of us want to see/deal with.

Its funny to me that on other forums there is FAR worse happenings and bashing and bullshit that no one cares about, but yet when a thread gets closed over saving that type of non sense everyone gets butt hurt. If you want drama I don't think this is the place for it. We are too small, and honestly I think to "tight knit" for drama on here to spread as its just not something that stays on the forum due to the fact we all know most each other outside of the interwebz.

Randy, I understand the frustrations, but understand that there are reasons behind it which are only looking for the betterment of whats going on here. Text me bro, I'll explain it all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

I didn't have anything to do with closing the thread but I will post my argument.

Funny how bree basically left because no one "cared" about her. Now months later people "care" even though they didn't see she had been gone for a while. Basicaly all anyone cares about is hearing the dirt
no one cares anything about her. If she was gone a few days of even a few weeks it may be a different story but we are talking months. The truth is the mods didn't push her away, some members did. If you want to know why she left, go to the sonic she probably still goes there.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

RX-7 Chris

tbot wrote:I could see that thread going both ways. In all honesty, it was a simple question, but after others posted "we'll let you know" I think it should have been left at that. There are certain reasons decisions are made around here not because of what "might" happen, but the fact that it "will" happen. Like Tim said, all of the answers where available it just involves a quick search. The attempt to bring up bullshit, whether intended or not, is really not something I think any of us want to see/deal with.

Its funny to me that on other forums there is FAR worse happenings and bashing and bullshit that no one cares about, but yet when a thread gets closed over saving that type of non sense everyone gets butt hurt. If you want drama I don't think this is the place for it. We are too small, and honestly I think to "tight knit" for drama on here to spread as its just not something that stays on the forum due to the fact we all know most each other outside of the interwebz.

Randy, I understand the frustrations, but understand that there are reasons behind it which are only looking for the betterment of whats going on here. Text me bro, I'll explain it all.

Well said Tbot

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

My Car Blog

movovr

Postby movovr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Where's Josh when you need him?

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

^^^ha ha ha
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Huzer wrote:For as often as any "moderation" actually occurs (other than catching spammers and bots), the amount of talking about it is disproportional.

Moderation happens. Deal with it. If you don't agree with it, leave. Case closed.

Funny response, considering the only time I talk about it myself is when something like this happens, and I only really see it from others (if any) at the same time I'm talking about it. It's not like I start threads about it, just kinda call it out as the BS that it is when it happens. SO it's basically 1:1 ratio. I would leave if I didn't have several friends on here. I don't get much out of this forum other than keeping up with them. I'm surely not here for the moderation LOL. I'm a mod on another forum and I've never had to delete a post or do any real moderating and it's probably worse there than it is here. I guess I just enjoy free speech, especially a FORUM, call me crazy. I understand there are rules, but this is ridiculous.

I'm not asking what happened to Bree, I didn't really know her and I don't want to know her dirt. And I didn't see anyone really digging for anything after mentioning taking it to PMs, so I don't see how that thread was going down the tubes. It's like people are afraid of talking about anything, ON A FREAKIN FORUM. Why even have a forum if it's not for conversing??

It's funny because there are several people in the beginning of this thread calling BS but we're all just crazy I guess. Whatever. I'm done, I'll just continue to be told I'm wrong and things are just peachy. Wow LOL.

I hope Bree is happy and doing well, even though I don't really know her. I hope she's well, but other than that I could care less about what happened. I just don't understand why everyone is so concerned about censorship of a conversation that was otherwise healthy.

rmeeker13

Postby rmeeker13 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14

Honestly guys, wtf is this turning into? This is getting way drawn out.
Like I said before, I was just curious as to where she went. A simple answer would have been fine. I really wasn't looking for all this bs! With that said how bout we close this thread and move on.
GT28-COBB AP-COBB SRI-TURBOSMART EBOOST2 EBC-JBR SSP-CP-E DP-CP-E INLET-CP-E 3'' CB-ETS IC-DNP MANI-TIAL 44MM EWG-OEM BPV-AWR RRM-SURE DREADNAUGHT-EIBACH SL SPRINGS-KONIG ZERO'S-GREDDY OCC-NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RX-7 Chris

Will do.

My Car Blog

Return to “Lounge”