New Cell Phone

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
tbot

Postby tbot » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14

I have a triple boot kernel...stock maemo os, overclocked maemo os, and then the android os. I can choose any I want on boot up of the phone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

erod550

Postby erod550 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14

Still doesn't seem worth it to me. I've got to make a phone call, hold on let me restart my phone so I can boot into the OS that can make phone calls.

It's a cool thing to play around with for sure, just not something I'd use on a regular basis. But then you're probably not using it on a regular basis either.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

tbot

Postby tbot » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14

just wait...in about a month i bet i can use android to make calls. they already have it working, just not stable enough for prime time...damn nokia and their closed source programing for chip coding...oh well...

but actually i do use it a bit...its like a toy thats actually usefull.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14

tbot wrote:just wait...in about a month i bet i can use android to make calls. they already have it working, just not stable enough for prime time...damn nokia and their closed source programing for chip coding...oh well...

but actually i do use it a bit...its like a toy thats actually usefull.

Yep I know what you mean. I've had Android on the old WM for a while. Started by just booting and not being able to do much. Now I have Android 2.2 and can use everything from the market place to google maps. Only things that don't work are the sound (Only works in-call), GPS, and the Camera. Every moth things change. But I need a new phone. WM is dieing.

I'm gonna try and find some files to try and boot maemo. I know some HD2 guys have tried it but don't know if they succeeded. I bet you could run Ubuntu T-bot.

ImageImage

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14

GR-8 wrote:I bet you could run Ubuntu T-bot.

Oh I could...thats prolly my next project with the phone haha...and it has support for bluetooth keyboard and mouse :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14

tbot wrote:Oh I could...thats prolly my next project with the phone haha...and it has support for bluetooth keyboard and mouse :D

Nice nice. I'm gonna have to see this Maemo device sometime. I used to love Nokias but their build quality compared to others felt like it was staying the same and cheap.

I'm probably gonna go Android next. We shall see. I just hope someone comes out with an unlocked phone with T-Mo 3G included besides Nokia and Sony.

ImageImage

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14

The n900 is solid! I'd recommend it man. But yeah, we'll have to meet up sometime so you can check it out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Lounge”