Anyone hungry for some rice?

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14

~Barn~ wrote:Droppped the hood off this morning with Body Beautiful near my house. They confirmed that it was paint not vinyl and I'm looking at $325 (4 hours labor + paint + disposal/shop-fees) for them to redo it. I'm just doing BCM over what is there now.

If you just dropped the hood off, how are they going to color match it? Even though it is an oem color, since your car is not brand new, I would think they would want the whole thing. Not sure really. I would like ot check it out when you get it back. I'll have a couple bumpers that need painting by the end of winter.

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14

If they tried to compare it to the paint as it lays on the bumper now, they'd just be matching for the rock chips. =)

EDIT: And just for the record, I do think $325 might be a touch high for this realitively small piece of work. If they do a great job however and everything goes smoothly with my dealings with them, I may angle for a respray of the entire front clip. I didn't negotiate price with them on this job, but I'll expect a loyalty discount on that higher value job! =)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14

I was quoted 300.00 for my front bumper from another shop, so I don't think 325 is too far off at all. If you do like them, perhaps we can work my bumper in to your loyalty discount group rate.

~Barn~

Wow, that sounds like a pretty good deal for an entire front bumper. I figure that's a lot more prep, paint, whatever, than just doing some accent countours on a hood that is already off the car. (?)

Keep in mind, I'm not having them paint the entire thing, just over the paintwork that the previous owner did. Which is to say, less than half of the total hood surface. It's slightly less than the photo I linked to on the last page. But whatever... $325 out the door didn't sound like highway robbery and they seem to have good reviews on the 'net.

I have asked the shop owner to snap a couple of pictures for me and to email them (before they start work). If/when she sends them, I'll link 'em up. If I end up pulling the trigger on the bumper down-the-road, I'll definitely let you know!
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

AuroraAxela

Postby AuroraAxela » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14

"she" makes me wonder who you talked to up there..... The owner's name is Joe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"][SIZE="3"]2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT[/SIZE][/color]

[SIZE="1"][color="Blue"][color="Blue"]POWERTRAIN: GTX3067R . Cobb AP . Cobb 3-port . Autotech internals . HTP 3" intake . cp-e FMIC . Forge v1 BPV . TWM STS . CNT Turboback
NGK 1-step colder . Bosch 3-bar . cp-e xFlex™ RMM/TMM/PMM . CorkSport recirc tube . Kosmic EGR delete
SUSPENSION: K-Sport coilovers . Whiteline RSB . custom MS6 wheels
EXTERIOR: cp-e TowPlate . DDM Tuning 5000K HID low/fog
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs[/color][/color][/SIZE]

~Barn~

Pat Stowell
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

AuroraAxela

Pat's very nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="1"][color="Blue"][color="Blue"]POWERTRAIN: GTX3067R . Cobb AP . Cobb 3-port . Autotech internals . HTP 3" intake . cp-e FMIC . Forge v1 BPV . TWM STS . CNT Turboback
NGK 1-step colder . Bosch 3-bar . cp-e xFlex™ RMM/TMM/PMM . CorkSport recirc tube . Kosmic EGR delete
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs[/color][/color][/SIZE]

~Barn~

Next time you talk to her, you should put in a good word for me. =)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

AuroraAxela

I'm trying to get my own hood settled, so yeah, I'll mention you :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14

Hood is painted and installed. Probably paid a bit more for it than I could have gotten away for, but they did an A+ job on the install. Moved the air channels and the intercooler feed, moved over all of the underhood sound/heat damping material. Very happy with it.

Here's a couple phone snaps...

~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14

that looks good. no full car photo? lol

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14

Haha... Thanks. I guess I didn't think to take a whole car shot, since I figured it wouldn't capture the hood detail. I wish I had a high-end camera to get some really nice ones.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14

Like the hood barn. Nice work. Maybe I should pass through there and get an estimate on my bumper (or two).

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14

Thanks yo!
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14

OOOOHHHH, NICE! I like.
Image Image

Return to “Lounge”