What grinds your gears?

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14

geo2maz wrote:Guilty :unsure:

That picture has a lot of things going on in it.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:Aren't you the same age as me?

I do agree about the pics though, I just had to bring that up.

Yes, pretty close. I'm 1 year older. And I've already literally yelled at kids to get off of my lawn. Damn kids.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14

Go on UPS website, price out what it's gonna cost to ship something to NY. Says about $80. Figure okay, so probably like $100 or so. Go to UPS store to actually ship it, price is $300.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU UPS.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14

Buying basketball shoes and a t-shirt on Eastbay, shipping it to my house so Zico can send it out because I wasn't sure how to get them to send it here, still waiting for over a month after he shipped it while it's probably lost in Djibouti somewhere and I'll probably never see it and he can't find the receipt so I can't even check on it on my end with the tracking number.

Also, getting three pairs of work gloves and two Energizer headlamps stolen by a couple people that came to do work on our site and never getting them back even after working through their leadership, and they get away scott free.

I'm DONE getting ripped off on this trip. At least the roll bar I ordered finally turned up.

Huzer

Re: What grinds your gears?

Postby Huzer » Fri May 08, 2015 9:14

FedEx. My son was anxiously awaiting his steps for the Tacoma today. Around 2 PM, the tracking showed Local Weather Delay, no delivery attempted, and rescheduled for Monday.

Meanwhile, another FedEx delivery shows up at our house, and the neighbors received a delivery from a different FedEx truck. Sounds like we had a lazy driver that didn't like the rain. I'm in a suburban neighborhood with regular paved roads. Nor did FedEx return my call about me picking them up.

geo2maz

Postby geo2maz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14

A car without a spare tire? Didn't know it existed until my friend borrowed my car for a few weeks while I'm out of town and a nail punctured the tire. Had to get it towed to discount tire where it'll sit for a week while they wait for a new tire.

Good thing it didn't get a flat in the middle of the desert when i drove it home from Cali a couple of months ago. I just assumed all cars had spares-nope!

All the nails lying around Denver streets killing my tires 4x a year.

A car designed with 1 functional cupholder? wtf. the second one is blocked by the arm-wrest. I hate/love/hate this damn car and will see if I can stand it for a year before selling it. I really really really miss my mazda :(
my fault for going Euro-douche.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14

geo2maz wrote:A car without a spare tire? Didn't know it existed until my friend borrowed my car for a few weeks while I'm out of town and a nail punctured the tire. Had to get it towed to discount tire where it'll sit for a week while they wait for a new tire.

Good thing it didn't get a flat in the middle of the desert when i drove it home from Cali a couple of months ago. I just assumed all cars had spares-nope!

All the nails lying around Denver streets killing my tires 4x a year.

A car designed with 1 functional cupholder? wtf. the second one is blocked by the arm-wrest. I hate/love/hate this damn car and will see if I can stand it for a year before selling it. I really really really miss my mazda :(
my fault for going Euro-douche.

REALLY?! I also assumed every car had a spare. Hmmmm. What car did you get again?

My Pathfinder has one cupholder that's better than the other too. I wouldn't say the one isn't functional, but an American size drink has the center lid resting on the top making it difficult to remove it.

geo2maz

speedjunkie wrote:
REALLY?! I also assumed every car had a spare. Hmmmm. What car did you get again?

My Pathfinder has one cupholder that's better than the other too. I wouldn't say the one isn't functional, but an American size drink has the center lid resting on the top making it difficult to remove it.

a bmw 135i, arg!

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14

geo2maz wrote:A car without a spare tire? Didn't know it existed....

I think spare tires may be on their way to extinction on modern vehicles...or at least on modern day sports cars. My CTS-V ditches the spare tire from the factory. A can of sealant and compressor sit in its place, lol.

geo2maz

FDEEZ wrote:
geo2maz wrote:A car without a spare tire? Didn't know it existed....

I think spare tires may be on their way to extinction on modern vehicles...or at least on modern day sports cars. My CTS-V ditches the spare tire from the factory. A can of sealant and compressor sit in its place, lol.

Seems like it, was talking to my mom about it and their rental car in France got a flat last summer, with no spare! Led to a whole day lost. Had to get a hotel room, replacement vehicle blah blah...

So I've been researching it, and the main reason is because the car companies are building 'newish' cars to run run-flat tires, eliminating the need for a spare.
Then with more research, the consensus seems that run-flats are uncomfortable (because of stiffer side-walls) and at least 1/3rd cost more, and have to be replaced in 4's for some reason. I haven't found any clear fans of them.

So if I can stand to keep the car, I'll need to get a spare rim/tire to keep in the trunk, eliminating any free space in there, for peace of mind if i pop one.

:/

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14

geo, did they at least give you fix-a-flat and caned air like they do on some cars with no spare? Not that anyone who drove one of those cars would know what to do with it. I know that some of the Porsches are that way.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:geo, did they at least give you fix-a-flat and caned air like they do on some cars with no spare? Not that anyone who drove one of those cars would know what to do with it. I know that some of the Porsches are that way.

They didn't, I just assumed there'd be a spare, so glad I didn't find out the hard way myself.
I'll be buying some fix-o-flat first thing when I get back to Denver.
Then am going to buy a spare to stick in the trunk. Garrrrr!

1st time I bought a car from a dealer and it was a shitty experience in so many ways, never again.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14

1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14

Yeah my solstice doesn't carry a spare, comes from the factory with a can of fix a flat and a 12V tire pump.

geo2maz

Postby geo2maz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14

Nice thanks!!! Will be buying this

Return to “Lounge”