What grinds your gears?

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14

An uncentered steering wheel drives me crazy

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14

Yeah I've actually thought about that. And it's probably one of the reasons military towns are the worst to drive in. You have all these different people that learned to drive in their hometown different than everyone else.

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

Game of Thornes... nothing good ever happens... aahhhh!!!
Can't stop watching it though. :lol:
Image Image

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

People who don't accelerate fast enough. they barely make it to the speed limit before the next light.

I`m Batman

Mortose wrote:People who don't accelerate fast enough. they barely make it to the speed limit before the next light.

They're saving gas. Hard acceleration uses a lot of fuel. :lol:
Image Image

Saul_Good

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

I'm on a roll this week....

People that pass you like they're in a rush, then maintain a one car distance once they get in front of you. WTF is that for!? If you're gonna pass, you better be putting train lengths in front of me if you're in that much of a 'rush'.

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:I'm on a roll this week....

People that pass you like they're in a rush, then maintain a one car distance once they get in front of you. WTF is that for!? If you're gonna pass, you better be putting train lengths in front of me if you're in that much of a 'rush'.

I hate people that do this. On a similar note, I can't stand people who follow too close i.e. you think they're tailgating and want you to move, but when you do, they stay in exactly the same spot and don't speed up or pass.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

Mortose

I pass people after a light and get to the speed limit (+/-5 mph) and stay there like a functioning human being, if you match my speed, all i have to say is it took you too long. :P

another thing: people with hoopties/POS vehicles that park like they are driving a farrari.

also, people who drive fancy cars, and take up 4 spaces out in the middle of nowhere like they are something special.

Saul_Good

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

Mortose wrote:I pass people after a light and get to the speed limit (+/-5 mph) and stay there like a functioning human being, if you match my speed, all i have to say is it took you too long. :P

another thing: people with hoopties/POS vehicles that park like they are driving a farrari.

also, people who drive fancy cars, and take up 4 spaces out in the middle of nowhere like they are something special.

I was doing 70 down hwy94, this guy passes me to get in front then settles down to 70 also :huh:

Mortose

Ok, that's just plain dumb.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

The one that irked me and caused me to post was a guy the other day when I was following the gf back to my place. She was directly in front of me and got into the left lane to get around a truck. I followed her and got into that lane and the truck got over in between us before I could close the gap between us, then went the same speed as the people he pulled from behind in the right lane. She went through the light way ahead of us, all the while he's lollygagging, going the same speed as the people he was supposedly passing, then as we get to the light it turns yellow and I get right on his ### to make it through the light, and it turns red right as I get into the intersection. There's no way I was going to let that prick leave me at the light after cutting me off. After we crossed he tapped his brakes because I guess I was driving too close for his comfort. I wanted to rip his throat out.

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14

The one that irked me and caused me to post was a guy the other day when I was following the gf back to my place. She was directly in front of me and got into the left lane to get around a truck. I followed her and got into that lane and the truck got over in between us before I could close the gap between us, then went the same speed as the people he pulled from behind in the right lane. She went through the light way ahead of us, all the while he's lollygagging, going the same speed as the people he was supposedly passing, then as we get to the light it turns yellow and I get right on his ### to make it through the light, and it turns red right as I get into the intersection. There's no way I was going to let that prick leave me at the light after cutting me off. After we crossed he tapped his brakes because I guess I was driving too close for his comfort. I wanted to rip his throat out.

+1

I friggin hate the drivers in this city. I never had a road rage problem until I moved here...

I would like to design a directional EMP gun mounted behind my bumper completely concealed that will disable moron's cars.

I`m Batman

$crillaTor wrote:+1

I friggin hate the drivers in this city. I never had a road rage problem until I moved here...

I would like to design a directional EMP gun mounted behind my bumper completely concealed that will disable moron's cars.

Well, here you go ==> http://www.wikihow.com/Build-an-EMP-Generator
Image Image

Mortose

I`m Batman wrote:Well, here you go ==> http://www.wikihow.com/Build-an-EMP-Generator

states in the steps that it won't have any effect on things cased in metel. :( so you would have to get a giant capaciter, large windings, and just amp everything up, then it might work.

I personally just get in front of them and down shift like a MOFO. No lights, just much slow.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:14

Got a pack of whole wheat tortillas from Trader Joe's. Come to find out the 'sell by' date was like the day before my purchase. I let sit on the counter for a mere day, make dinner, go to open said tortillas and they're covered in mold. Damn you Trader Joe's...damn, you.
one and one makes two, together we are free

Return to “Lounge”