What grinds your gears?

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

Huzer wrote:Idiot lights. I don't need a giant yellow triangle to pop up in front of me, a message stating "You have 1 important message", which I then have to scroll through with a little dial to see that I'm low on washer fluid.

My wife's Saturn just keeps beeping and flashing at you until you fill the washer fluid. The first time it did that, I thought the car had a bomb or something. "Motor will self destruct in 10 seconds"
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

When people insist on pulling out in front of you to get in a left-turn lane, and seem to be happy that they keep you and many others from making a right turn. WTF?
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:My wife's Saturn just keeps beeping and flashing at you until you fill the washer fluid. The first time it did that, I thought the car had a bomb or something. "Motor will self destruct in 10 seconds"

That seems like an odd thing to monitor. I'd think engine oil would be more critical, but what do i know.

BOT: Aholes who pull out in front of you, cuz they are in too much of a rush to wait for you to pass by, and then drive all grandma like in front of you. What was the hurry then *****bag?
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

I went camping this weekend and borrowed my parents 09' Hyundai Santa Fe and I have a few gripes with this car now. 1) The tire pressure sensor lights up the dash if its 1 psi off where it should be & cannot be turned off manually. 2) The car will not stop beeping at you if the door is open whether the car is on or off. 3) The map lights in the front will not turn off unless all doors are closed. 4) The cruise control doesn't stay where you set it.. the car will go +/- 5 mph of where you set it.

Its a great car I know it will last forever but these little things can be crazy irritating after a few days!
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

^Screw that. I'd have to make some modifications. Especially the cruise control, wtf. Well I'd probably never use it haha. That's a cool avatar too. Do they make a widebody kit for the MS6? If not, they should.

Huzer wrote:Idiot lights. I don't need a giant yellow triangle to pop up in front of me, a message stating "You have 1 important message", which I then have to scroll through with a little dial to see that I'm low on washer fluid.

Well, YOU don't need it but it's there for a reason so clearly there are idiots out there that do need it LOL. Reminds me of an episode of Home Improvement where Tim was yelling at Jill for not taking care of the problem when the idiot light came on and her rebuttal was "well I was expecting it to make a noise or something to tell me it needed servicing", to which he replied "It's a car Jill, not a gameshow!" LOL

RX-7 Chris wrote: "Motor will self destruct in 10 seconds"

Well, it IS a Saturn. Oh wait, I think those are more reliable than rotaries. Nevermind LOL.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

chris....that is all.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:^Screw that. I'd have to make some modifications. Especially the cruise control, wtf. Well I'd probably never use it haha. That's a cool avatar too. Do they make a widebody kit for the MS6? If not, they should.

Oh trust me if the speaker for the door ajar was in plain slight it would have gone straight to the campfire!
I fixed the map lights always being on with a piece of duck tape B)

The avatar is an old picture I photoshopped for a contest, its an MS6/Porsche 911 GT3 hybrid heheh I wish it was real!
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]

New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

7th Heaven

Postby 7th Heaven » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

What grinds my gears is when i hear high school kids say they would get so many girls if they had a supra or rx7.....well the whole having a sweet car that is a chick magnet is hype.....its more like a dude magnet...

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14

lol i know right. in a 7 you dont have girls going "can i ride in your car?" its more like "why does it always smell like gas?"

in a 8? maybe. but a 7? somewhat rare. unless you got the veilside fortune kit.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14

That's a good looking rendition Regulator! Good work!

Yeah I think if anything, the 7 is ANTI-poon. Fortunately I could give a shit about this because I love my car regardless LOL.

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14

^^Um... no way.

IF (and this is a big if) a girl knows what the hell a 7 is, especially the FDs, it could probably help. Unfortunately, not a lot of girls know what they are or what they look like.

Personally, I like guys with nicer cars. Especially ones they work on and take care of. I'd take a guy with an RX7 that's in nice shape and fast over one that had an M3 and it was a piece of crap... but that's not the only thing I look for so there's a lot of play in that.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14

I hate people that walk down the center of a drive in a parking lot and don't move when they see you trying to drive past. So you are stuck driving so slow that it is hard not to stall the car. Why is it so hard to walk on the side of the lane with your cart, I bet you aren't 20 something feet wide.

I usually get up right behind them and start reving my motor. The usually move real quick.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14

bellalyssa wrote:^^Um... no way.

IF (and this is a big if) a girl knows what the hell a 7 is, especially the FDs, it could probably help. Unfortunately, not a lot of girls know what they are or what they look like.

Personally, I like guys with nicer cars. Especially ones they work on and take care of. I'd take a guy with an RX7 that's in nice shape and fast over one that had an M3 and it was a piece of crap... but that's not the only thing I look for so there's a lot of play in that.

That's why I say it's anti, because most don't know what it is. That coupled with the reasons Ian listed, pretty much kills a guy's chances, unless he finds someone like you that knows and appreciates what it is.

RX-7 Chris wrote:I hate people that walk down the center of a drive in a parking lot and don't move when they see you trying to drive past. So you are stuck driving so slow that it is hard not to stall the car. Why is it so hard to walk on the side of the lane with your cart, I bet you aren't 20 something feet wide.

I usually get up right behind them and start reving my motor. The usually move real quick.

That's when you need a two-step and just roast the tires, that tends to get the message across lol.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:I hate people that walk down the center of a drive in a parking lot and don't move when they see you trying to drive past. So you are stuck driving so slow that it is hard not to stall the car. Why is it so hard to walk on the side of the lane with your cart, I bet you aren't 20 something feet wide.

Bahahahaaaa... reminds me of this one time when this punk skateboarding decides to be cool in front of his freinds. They were off to the side at Cherry Creek Mall doing tricks and he decides to hope off his board and run into the intersection as I was pulling up to the stop sign. The kid decides to walk all slow when he reached the front of the car. Revved it up and poped the clutch. Tires spun like crazy. (Bald Tires most likely) Lucky for him they didn't grab making me jump forward. You should of seen him kick it into high gear. Hilarious!

But for reals I've seen people that could be nearly 20' wide.

ImageImage

rmeeker13

Postby rmeeker13 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14

My MS6 grinds my goddamn gears...goddamnitttttt!

Return to “Lounge”