Challenges

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
erod550

Postby erod550 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14

Nice run. My buddy has an '11 4-door STi and with intake, full exhaust and a tune and I only pull on him very slowly when we do roll runs. That thing is pretty quick.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14

I like the 4-door sti more then the hatch. Looks more aggressive especially with the wing. Body looks wider too to me then the hatch. Glad they decided to bring it back.

ImageImage

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14

GR-8 wrote:Had a small run in with a new 4-door STI. I was on a small cruise to make sure everything was running right after re-installing the turbo. I'm pretty proud of this little turbo. I kept up with the guy from a roll at about 70. Everything is running too good and I'm hitting higher PSI then I should and the EBC shut me down at 12.9 PSI and power just dropped like normal. AFRs Looked great during my entire cruise.

I now have a higher (12-14lb) WG actuator that I got a bracket made for yesterday. (Not currently installed but fits perfect) Ordering Water/meth Injection kit on monday hopefully. Looking for a time to meet up with Dave and Re-tune for MORE POWER. OMG this is gonna be fun.

I'm thinking about using the other RX-8 as a base to build a Custom kit with a "huger" turbo, with help from Dave, in the coming year. Then put this kit in the Grey 8 and the Custom one in the Blue 8. Sounds good to me but IDK. Might keep the grey one stock. I'm really power hungry right now!

Sounds awesome man glad to hear you're car is running great. That tune has served you pretty good haha. It would be a ton of fun to build a custom kit. I really wanted to do it on my old 8 before I decided to sell it. I think 400-450rwhp would be pretty attainable.
:eek:

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14

Yeah. I'm on our higher power first tune we did. Feels great. Can't wait till next month.

ImageImage

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14

Ran against a Jeep Cherokee SRT8 yesterday. Well I guess I did, haha. We didn't exactly run like we had agreed on. He was going to honk, but the guy riding with me that had just taken rolling pics of both our cars just counted with his fingers, and luckily I saw #2 and I took off pretty soon after the SRT8 did. I don't remember for sure but I think I started in 2nd and by 4th I was RUNNING away from him, but we were coming up to a light that was turning red so maybe he let off. I know I got up to 111mph in no time though and I did not get stopped at the light lol.

Really I'm not sure I'd call it a true race though lol. I don't know why, I just have a funny feeling about it lol.

I'm having a hard time not spinning all the way through 3rd at this lower altitude.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14

A newer challenger. All blacked out, debadged, couldnt tell if it was an RT or what. This was last week.

Today got challenged by a turbo neon;). (SRT4) Chatted with the guy at the light a bit. Said he is pushing 16 psi. Didn't say what kind of whp he had. He slowly crawled. Not a bad run though. Waiting impatiently for.Thursday to roll around.

ImageImage

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14

Bright green mazdaspeed3. His car pulled pretty strong, but no turbo can match the power that vtec puts out. I played with him on the straights some, but once we were in the curves, I gave him a full dose:lol:

When we talked later, he said his radar detector kept chirping at him...:D

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14

Had a newer Range Rover (one of the sporty ones) trying to play on Sunday. I guess so anyway. I think she thought I was trying to race because I took off a little fast, so she took off fast, then I just destroyed that shit LOL. So I'm not sure if she was really trying to race but it did seem that way. I wouldn't really call it a race, but this is a thread about challenges and that's what it felt like, so...

erod550

Postby erod550 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14

I love doing that. I'm taking off maybe 1/3 throttle and someone tries to keep up so I just floor it and leave them in the dust. Fun times.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way

1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0

2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:14

All kinds of people try to race me, and i have just started acting like im going to and getting them to take off, then do it again and have them take off again. So they waste their gas haha
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14

Sooooo. I really need to get on a dyno and see what power I'm putting down. I had 2 Evo challenges. I have not once ever had a challenge from an Evo that was doable. They all end up with me having to turn or them having to turn or it's in traffic. But that didn't happen. First was an Evo X that changed 3 lanes to get behind me on an empty street. I changed 3 lanes slowly over when the light turned red. He followed and I gave it half throttle to see if he was gonna keep, and he did, so I floored it when we hit 40. I just kept pulling. Felt good.

Next was an Evo 8 or 9. I'm really bad at telling the 2 apart. I'm pretty sure it was an 8. I was behind him and he took off so I followed. Lets just say if I didn't slow down my bumper would have been wearing Evo.

Car feels really great! Dave has done a great job tuning it. I can't wait to get the transmission fixed so I can make a run at Bandimere this Spring. I need to set up a time at Boost Creep and MAC sometime to see what power I am now putting down. 15+PSI Woo!

ImageImage

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14

Lol, This is funny every time I try to pass somebody they take it as Im trying to race him lol then they pass me really fast or so they think.

Another thing is big trucks! I don't know why but truck are always trying to start something. It almost get to the point that pisses me off, specially guys that don't present any type of challange lol. Civic's with cold air intakes and stuff like that lol.

I like to play with V8's

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

I had my first anti-Jap run in last night with the Tundra. Some tool in a lifted non-diesel early 2000s Ram swerving at me, honking, revving at the light, flipping me off. Laughing as he "won" when he pulled away from the light. Fun stuff.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Huzer wrote:I had my first anti-Jap run in last night with the Tundra. Some tool in a lifted non-diesel early 2000s Ram swerving at me, honking, revving at the light, flipping me off. Laughing as he "won" when he pulled away from the light. Fun stuff.

How do you know it was an anti-jap thing? Maybe he thought your truck looked funny with no lift and fully stock (should get that supercharger).

I can't believe the way some people react to vehicles.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:How do you know it was an anti-jap thing? Maybe he thought your truck looked funny with no lift and fully stock (should get that supercharger).

I can't believe the way some people react to vehicles.

He did have a "Calvin pissing on the Toyota logo" on the back window...
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Return to “Lounge”