SPOTTED! Exotics only

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

AIM WO4 wrote:Saw a yellow convert Lambo in the LTE Safeway parking lot this AM... Brand new.

Seriously, who takes a Lambo to Safeway? It's not like you're going to get any damn groceries in it?

Friggin show-offs.

A friend of mine is trying to buy a supercharged Elise, so I am hoping to not only sit in it, but perhaps drive it as well. He's selling a Z4 M if anyone wants it. Personally, I think they're ugly.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

I'd take a Lambo to safeway, but not to show off...it's just that if I had a Lambo I'd be driving it every chance I got. And what if I realize on my way home I need to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things for dinner? I wouldn't want to go home and get another car just for that. I take my FD to the grocery store all the time, and it's even smaller than a Lambo. But I never need to get very many groceries.

I've ridden in an Exige before, which is just a more track friendly Elise. Great cars. The guy who owns his daily drives it and he hasn't had any problems with it so far.

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:Seriously, who takes a Lambo to Safeway? It's not like you're going to get any damn groceries in it?

Friggin show-offs.

A friend of mine is trying to buy a supercharged Elise, so I am hoping to not only sit in it, but perhaps drive it as well. He's selling a Z4 M if anyone wants it. Personally, I think they're ugly.

Come pick me up! OMG I would be the happiest woman if I could just sit in the Elise. MmmmMMMmmmmm *sigh*

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

It was for a Starbucks. LOL
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

MazdaGurl wrote:Come pick me up! OMG I would be the happiest woman if I could just sit in the Elise. MmmmMMMmmmmm *sigh*

Just go over to Ferrari of Denver, they'll let you sit in one! I tried, but I simply did not fit.

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

Huzer wrote:Just go over to Ferrari of Denver, they'll let you sit in one! I tried, but I simply did not fit.

And they say size doesn't matter....it does!
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

jamiel

Postby jamiel » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

MazdaGurl wrote:Come pick me up! OMG I would be the happiest woman if I could just sit in the Elise. MmmmMMMmmmmm *sigh*

Come out to any http://www.rmsolo.org autocross, you can surely get a (hellacious fun) ride in one. There are usually one or two at every event- plus Z06s, M3s, Evos, S2000s, 911s, or whatever else you consider cool. You just sign a waiver, ask the driver if you can get a ride, and grab a loaner helmet.

The next one in Denver is June 6th (several in Fountain before that) PM me around June 1st, I'll see if any are entered, and reserve you a spot with the driver. You can get rides in some really cool cars just by asking- note the 911 GT3 I posted earlier. Hard to beat a ride in national champ Kevin Youngers' Mustang Shelby GT.....

Better yet, enter your car too, and get rides.

DJ

Postby DJ » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

saw am r8 skyline and ferarri and lambo not on same day but still around hr
~David

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 True Red
PTE 5858
JMF intake manifold
Overspeed motorsports built engine
Cpe exhaust manifold
Blah blah blah insert 15k more in mods here
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 Cosmic Blue
Some mods but nothing crazy yet.

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

Had a little fun with a Porsche Carrera 4S today, probably a 2006-ish model, based on the tailpipes. That's kind of exotic, right? We were both merging onto Hwy 24 together. I love the car, but when he stomped on it, the thing sounded like a 4-cylinder with a fart can. Sounded terrible. And he couldn't pull away from me, either, even though he was trying. I didn't try to pass or anything--just kept my distance behind him while he punched it.

I guess N/A 355 HP is only about 280 here at 7000 feet, but still...he's lighter than me by a couple of hundred pounds. SHould have been able to pull.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Fri May 15, 2009 9:14

Gosh- I hate when the server does not respond. I had a sweet thread all written out and then the server times out. So I will just hit the high points. I have never seen so many exotics, in such a short amount of time than I did today. I was up in the Evergreen area for work today and saw a ton of exotics.

1. Brand new Lambo
2. Old Porsche 550 Spyder- Like James Dean's but could have been a replica but still WOW!!!
3. new 911 Turbo convertible
4. Audi R8

Oh I almost forgot, then the client I was meeting with up there rolls up in some Mercedes AMG coupe that is supercharged, putting out like 450hp. I mean here I am rocking a Scion. I did offer a trade, straight up.

paintchips

Postby paintchips » Sat May 16, 2009 9:14

see its threads like this that make me dispise living in pueblo. ive seen one exige in my life and a bentley, and thats about it. :(

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:14

Spotted a Ferrari 575 Maranello parked on campus while playing a round of campus golf. We made it a hole ;)
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:14

Saw a red Gallardo Friday on Powers and a yellow NSX on Stetson Hills yesterday. Was in the Jeep both times. Didn't bother trying to get a closer look at either. :D
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14

Saw this beauty yesterday on 8th and Spear. Probabbly heading towards 6th Ave. OMG.... Drool.... Brand NEW...... Some old guy driving with a younger woman in the passanger seat.... of Course....

Renesis Rx

Postby Renesis Rx » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14

No pics, but I spotted a Black Acura NSX about two days ago in the Springs. I remember when those things were the baddest. That was my fav car in the original Need for Speed. Wonder why they went away so quickly?
Renesis...MMMMMMMMM

Return to “Lounge”