Fun drive next Saturday?

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
speedjunkie

Fun drive next Saturday?

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:14

Well the big event that Zico and I were going to plan was supposed to be this past Saturday lol. I'd still like to put something together sometime this summer though, but Andy was talking about going for a fun drive next Saturday. I'm hoping I'll have some tuning done by then, but it's been driving pretty well and not leaning out in boost so I might be alright. I'd like to get the CS and Denver area folks together if possible so some of the guys from either place that don't know the others can meet. I posted about it in Mile High Rotary Club on facebook and I tagged a few people but I know a lot of people aren't on there. This is for any kind of car so invite friends too if you want. I don't have anything set in stone, just trying to get an idea if there is any interest at this point. I was thinking maybe we could cruise up Mt Evans again like back in 08. Or if we do it down here we could do 67 to Deckers and some other roads, or maybe 165 past Bishop Castle.

I know Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack is that weekend but I have zero interest in that lol. If we don't drive I might go to it, but I couldn't care less honestly lol.

Shadowden

Re: Fun drive next Saturday?

Postby Shadowden » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:14

If Evans is open through Evergreen, that would be cool. I know I don't have time for bishops cake. I'll try to keep the morning open.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:14

I don't think they sell cake at Bishop Castle, but seriously, who doesn't have time for cake? Commie. I'll bet it would be delicious if they did have cake.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:14

Guess I'm more of a pie guy.

Let me know what you are thinking and I'll try to make it happen. But I know I don't have time for Bishops Castle. That was a long day for me by the time I got back to Castle Rock last time.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:14

Shit, sorry. I forgot about checking here again haha. We went for the drive yesterday but traffic was a hassle most of the trip, and for me personally I was hitting lean spots on my map a lot, so it wasn't the best drive. Still good to get the car out though.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14

Where did you drive?

Traffic is no fun.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14

We did the normal drive up 67 out of Woodland Park and taking 126 from Deckers all the way to 285 west of Denver. I always thought the whole road was 67 but realized today we take 126 from Deckers. I was going to try 67 the whole way to Sedalia next time but it's a dirt road I guess from Deckers. I've been looking at other routes too, mostly west of Denver, Longmont, Loveland, etc.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14

Hey, haven't checked here in forever, but I'd be up for a similar drive. Don't have a rotary anymore as you know, but that doesn't mean I won't nerd out over them :lol: Bishop Castle is fun to visit and so is Canon City. An amazing pizza place there as I recall. I haven't been in years, last time I did, I drove from Golden in the morning, 8:00-ish I think, and to Bishop Castle was less than two hours. That was with S2KCA, which Shadow may know (although it looks like the mile high chapter is completely dead now). Funny enough, S2K Days is in Durango this year. I might drive up there for a day just to see what's going on.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:14

Yeah come out for a drive if you want. I believe Canon City has a place called Pizza Hut. Is that what you're talking about? LOL I wouldn't mind trying to mom and pop pizza place, there are a few here in town that I like.

Return to “Track Days and Events”