Pueblo Motorsports Park October 31 2-for-1

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:14

There are some folks meeting at the Home Depot to make the trip to pueblo. Current plan is to meet in the home depot Parking lot off of Founders Parkway at 6:15-6:30.

If you are coming from the north, hope to see you there.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14

Have fun, guys. Looks like a decent turnout. Make sure to share some pics.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14

Huzer wrote:Have fun, guys. Looks like a decent turnout. Make sure to share some pics.

You definitely need to come out next time! I just spoke w/the track manager and she said several Miataclub members will be there too.

Saul_Good

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14

Fun times guys! This has to happen again.

Mortose and DwDuc have the pix.

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14

That was loads of fun! Just want to say thanks to Saul_Good and Mortose for riding passenger and introducing me to the course.

Saul_Good

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14

Please don't hurt me Shadow!! Close call at the end. Collision avoided.

http://vimeo.com/110625188

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14

was good to see two FDs out there! Really good turnout. Riding with shadow really made me want to spend some money on suspension. Felt so solid and crisp (untill we spun and tried to kill Saul_good). It was a very enjoyable day with no coolant catastrophes on my part.

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:14

Here's a few vids I took:

For this first one, you can see Dwduc flying by me chasing a Miata. I initially tried catching up, but spun 2nd, 3rd, and all of 4th gear. Since this was my second lap ever on that track, I took it easy on the remainder of the laps while Saul_Good road passenger and showed me his preferred line.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFnxeyZXjU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFnxeyZXjU[/ame]

On this second video, Mortose is riding passenger and showing me his recommended line. Though smoking the tires is tempting, I exercised A LOT of restraint on not going full-throttle. Additionally, I took Saul_Good's suggestion and kept it in 4th gear the entire course (except the long straight away).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzYz01sGyI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzYz01sGyI[/ame]

Unfortunately, I cut my day short and was only able to squeeze in those two runs. I thought the car didn't "feel" right and wanted to take the car home to take a deeper look. Turns out the U-Haul trailer had two huge metal lips protruding upwards...and one of them completely destroyed my cold-air intake while loading/unloading the car. In the process...the damage pulled my intake coupler away from the throttle-body and created a huge gap. In other words, the mass air flow sensor wasn't registering all the air entering the engine. Almost like an intercooler pipe disconnecting from a coupler. Therefore, I wasn't creating full power & was running super rich. No wonder the car felt a little weak that day :(

Anyway...Enjoy! Now I have to fabricate a new intake pipe :(

Saul_Good

Postby Saul_Good » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:14

Nice! Your speeds go up so quick, it goes by 10s lol, and Damn U-Haul!

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:Nice! Your speeds go up so quick, it goes by 10s lol, and Damn U-Haul!

Yup, from 15 mph to 118 mph...I was surprised how versatile 4th gear was. I didn't expect it to accelerate as fast as it did when out of its powerband. You were right in that 4th gear torque was enough for this track.

But note to self: next time I use a U-Haul trailer, remove front bumper and cold air intake first, lol.

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:14

When I hauled mine home on a U-haul I put 12x12x2 pavestones under the front tires. gave the proper clearance. I suppose a 2x6 piece of lumber would work well also. Or just get crazy and drive the car to the track like the rest of us posers!! ;)
Your machine definitely drew attention. Sounded so mean!!

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:14

Dwduc wrote:When I hauled mine home on a U-haul I put 12x12x2 pavestones under the front tires. gave the proper clearance. I suppose a 2x6 piece of lumber would work well also. Or just get crazy and drive the car to the track like the rest of us posers!! ;)
Your machine definitely drew attention. Sounded so mean!!

I'll definitely put something under the wheels next time, thanks!

I would drive the car, but my truck is more comfortable on long drives...which for me - anything over 6 miles is a long drive in the Rx7, lol.

Saul_Good

Postby Saul_Good » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:14

More 2f-or-1 action.

14 March 2015: 8am - 4pm

$50.00

Forecast is 70F.

Return to “Track Days and Events”