Have I ever mentioned?

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
D Walker

Have I ever mentioned?

Postby D Walker » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14

I have a dyno. A 2wd Mustang eddy current dyno with a spanky new fancy custom datalogging suite, I can sample fuel flow, intake temps, boost, multiple EGT's, fuel pressure, etc. etc. as needed. I really use it mostly for playing with the race cars, but its been suggested that other folks might find it useful as well. Might even do a dyno day sometime. I have no idea how much other folks in town are charging for dyno time, and I dont really care much, I am sure to be more than reasonable, especially for racers or Mazda folk.

In addition, I can offer tuning for AEM, OpenECU,MoTeC, Haltec, Electramotive, DTA, Weber/Marelli, and most other standalone tuning, or you can tune yourself, matters not to me.

I have scales and a scalepad and all the other stuff to corner weight and setup race and track cars, and can tune suspensions just like we tune engines.

And a new toy, I have a computerized nitrogen purge/fill station and can set your race tires up as they should be for very little cost. We typically purge a set of tires 3 times and set slightly higher than desired hot pressure so you can adjust down as needed.

Although i do offer setup to the racing community, I have never really thought to offer it to anyone else, so here we go!
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7
RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14

A Dyno day would be baws.

Last Dyno day I set up cost about $30 a person. It was $500 for the day 0900-1800.

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14

I might be interested in a dyno day. I'm not expecting big numbers but just curious.
Image Image

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14

We can setup a dyno day after the race season ends next month for sure, but you guys dont need to do a dyno day to get a good deal, just reach out and set something up.

Maybe a Mazda Meet at the shop after the end of the race season, with a BBQ, some dynoing, etc. would be cool? Maybe do a trackday on a Friday out at HPR, I can bring out one or two of the race cars and set up to have a Pro driver to give some tips, maybe even set one of the cars up to have a passenger and give rides, then do a dyno day at the shop on a Saturday, grill some hotdog, hamburgers, and brats, set up a TV to show some of the in-car race footage, do some dynoing, and maybe throw a couple of cars on the lift to do a sort of tech session.
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7

RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

vierte

Postby vierte » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14

That would be pretty awesome. You wouldn't happen to be looking for some mechanical engineering / crew help around your shop? I wouldn't mind finding a racing team to help for a season or so.
2003 MazdaSpeed Potege: Wiseco Pistons, Molnar Rods, Walboro 255, Megasquirt Ecu, Front Mount, Daily Driver.
1991 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible: Rebuilt 4-Port Turbo Block, TII drivetrain swap, Walboro 255, Megasquirt, Aeromotive FPR, JIC coilovers, 4" Stainless exhaust, Ticket Getter.
1976 Honda CB750F: Cafe Racer, Powder coated, Rebuilt, re-bearing/bushing, tapered stem bearing upgrade, Garage Project
2014 Silverado: Mazda Support Vehicle
2003 Subaru Forester: What was I thinking?...

Return to “Track Days and Events”