Rich Christensen

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
LaginWagon

Postby LaginWagon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

What a douche bag he is, shame on all those people taking a photo with him. I still laugh my @ss off when I remember that Tool crashing that other guys sport bike. "The clutch was different." What a squid....

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

^^ Might have to do some searching on that later. What's the story? He took some dude's bike and wrecked it (just watched video)? Did he make it right? What the heck was he trying to do anyway?:huh:
one and one makes two, together we are free

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

that's cool that you got to meet him. There's a lot of dislike for him based on his knowledge of cars and drag racing, or the lack thereof. But it's easy to judge. My personal opinion, without having met him, is that he's brought some attention to the hobby-drag racing scene and kept things interesting on the show. Seems like it was a good idea and is still running so I can't find a reason to fault him. TV shows require a host, not a mechanic. It's tough as hell to find both so the entertainer is what usually draws a crowd.

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

6i_guy wrote:btw i've mastered, yes mastered, the creeper stare.

Doesn't surprise me at all
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

LaginWagon

Postby LaginWagon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

kingtut wrote:^^ Might have to do some searching on that later. What's the story? He took some dude's bike and wrecked it (just watched video)? Did he make it right? What the heck was he trying to do anyway?:huh:

One of the All-Out events. He was going to the end of the 1/4 mile to help/see someone. Another guy that was there had his bike at the start and Rich asked if he could use that. Then said Tool jumped on it and crashed as seen in the video in less than 50'. He had no business even throwing a leg over a bike. It was the best episode ever.

mOOsE

LaginWagon wrote:One of the All-Out events. He was going to the end of the 1/4 mile to help/see someone. Another guy that was there had his bike at the start and Rich asked if he could use that. Then said Tool jumped on it and crashed as seen in the video in less than 50'. He had no business even throwing a leg over a bike. It was the best episode ever.

yeah, it really appeared like he had, at most, ridden something more along the lines of a cruiser or very mild sport bike before. Not sure if it was better or worse that it didn't have traction but he clearly had no clue about a bike with that much power.

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

LaginWagon wrote:One of the All-Out events. He was going to the end of the 1/4 mile to help/see someone. Another guy that was there had his bike at the start and Rich asked if he could use that. Then said Tool jumped on it and crashed as seen in the video in less than 50'. He had no business even throwing a leg over a bike. It was the best episode ever.

Ya, who the hell ride a GSX-R1000 like that? He said that he's not used to that kind of power because he ride cruiser bikes and he "goosed" the throttle. You can't be goosing anything on a sport bike if you're not going straight and on cold tires, especially THAT bike. What a squid. The owner of the bike even warned him before he got on that it has a lot of power and to be careful. I guess he didn't listen.
Image Image

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

Wow some of you guys are depressing. I'm glad some of you weren't there.

mOOsE

I`m Batman wrote:Ya, who the hell ride a GSX-R1000 like that? He said that he's not used to that kind of power because he ride cruiser bikes and he "goosed" the throttle. You can't be goosing anything on a sport bike if you're not going straight and on cold tires, especially THAT bike. What a squid. The owner of the bike even warned him before he got on that it has a lot of power and to be careful. I guess he didn't listen.

true. Although he's owned up to it later and had a laugh about it so that's cool too. In a way, I feel bad as he laid down some other guys bike on TV and in front of a crowd. Hard to swallow that kind of shame, I couldn't lol. I think it still would have been cool to meet him and he can't be all bad for agreeing to take pictures with that group. Many celebs do far worse.

rmeeker13

Postby rmeeker13 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14

Bree, I'm not trying to piss on ur parade. Ive met him before at the first pinks at bandimere two years ago. Don't get me wrong he's not a bad guy, he just don't know shit about cars!
Good pic tho!:)
GT28-COBB AP-COBB SRI-TURBOSMART EBOOST2 EBC-JBR SSP-CP-E DP-CP-E INLET-CP-E 3'' CB-ETS IC-DNP MANI-TIAL 44MM EWG-OEM BPV-AWR RRM-SURE DREADNAUGHT-EIBACH SL SPRINGS-KONIG ZERO'S-GREDDY OCC-NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Number2

Postby Number2 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14

Honestly though, the ratings the network will get for that crash will more than pay for the repairs to the bike. It won't come out of his pocket. So what if he doesn't know much about cars, he's a host.

I mean, would you rather have Willy B from KBPI host the show? He knows his stuff about cars and hosts a radio show every day....

Awesome pic Bree!

edit: Oh, and tell your friend from the Metrodubs that the rolling shots are awesome. I'm using one of his pics for a photoshop piece I'm doing for my car.
"Littering, and?..."

Legend33

Postby Legend33 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14

yeah those rolling shots are awesome. I really want one of my car

Plans: Paint Calipers, Lightly tint headlights, get rid of side moldings, and do some other tinting.

Return to “Track Days and Events”