Auto Shows- NON MAZDA RELATED

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:14

SO, as most of you all know I recently purchase an 08 Scion xD for a work car that gets realy good gas mileage. I got a good deal on it and put some money towards it to make a look good and sound good (stereo wise). Stevenson Toyota hosted a Scion only car show today to basiclly help sells some cars. I decided to stop by to see what was going on and get some ideas from some other xD owners. The show started at 3:00 and the awards were SUPOSED to be awarded at 9:00. I showed up a right at 3:00 and come to find out there were only 3 other cars entered in my class so I decided to enter my car since my odds were really good to win something. The 2 other cars were a stock xD with painted HUB CAPS and a xA that had rims but looked like shit (Odds were in my favor). Knowing that my odds were good I decided to leave my car there and have a friend pick me up rather than waiting around for 6 hours in the sun. I had another buddy drive me back over there at 8:00 for the awards and to check the rest of the cars out. Come to find out, they called the show an hour and a half early and I didn't win a thing. I WAS PISSED, for a couple of reasons.

1. My car was the best out of the other 3 cars in my class, hands down.
2. I wasted 6 hours of not only my time but 2 other friends time.
3. Was told that I lost because the judges wanted me to explain what I did to the car (even though it was written down on my registration and on the paper in my windshield).
4. Lost to a stock xD with spray painted hub caps.
5. After I challenged to dealership with my concerns I was then told I did win something and one of the spectators must have taken it out of my car.

I layed in to the Scion manager regarding my frustrations and to her accord she was very receptive and understanding. That does not change the fact that I wasted my time to help them sell cars. This was not about a trophy or an award, I honestly could careless about it but feel like I was taken advantage of. Please remember that this is rant and right now I am pissed. It was just shit circumstances and for the most part no one seemed to care. The manager asked for my name and address and said she would do what she could to rectify the situation.

Thanks for listening, I am starting feel a little better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2005 Nissan Nismo Frontier-Supercharged- SOLD
2006 Speed 6- SOLD
2008 Scion Xd- SOLD
1990 Miata- SuperCharged 331 Fuel Injected Small Block Ford V8-SOLD
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty- Current
2014 Factory Five 818S- In Progress

memphis

Postby memphis » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:14

Damn dude, thats F'd up.. Sorry to hear you got bent over and done dry.. Just cause you werent there to explain your car doesnt mean that the judges cant open up their eyes and see it for themselves..

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14

Wow that sucked. Don't know what to say.

That guy with the 1st gen Xbox in the back with that huge TV really needs to upgrade. The 360 has been out for what......3-4 years now. It's not that much either he could get the poor mans version for $30 more than a Wii. :)

ImageImage

jdmsp

Postby jdmsp » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14

Yeah that sucks man. This is how shows go sometimes though I always take my car out not expecting to win anything regardless of how I feel my chances are just because thats how shows are period. You never know whats going to happen and its hard to have someone judge one car then have a different judge do another they might like one car over another just because its more their style. You just have to put your car showing what you have done have a good time and fuck the political BS. Thats why I love showing. If I get a trophy great if not I still got to show off my car and have a good time. I'm not saying this for this particular event as it sounds lame what happened in your case but you can't get cought up in I should have won over this for whatever reason its a waste of time and energy IMO.

Return to “Track Days and Events”