Gauging Interest in a track day!

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
No-Coast-Punk

Postby No-Coast-Punk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14

Helmets need to be no more than 10 years old. That means Snell 95 is out. You need a snell 2000 or newer. HELMETS MUST HAVE A SNELL RATING.

If you are going to buy a helmet, get one with an SA rating. SA rated helmets have flame retardants and are designed for multiple impacts (such as your head bouncing off the interior of a car several times). Snell M helmets are a 1 time use only thing for motorcycles. At an event like this I will typically let a snell M rating slide. But in a serious racing situation an SA rated helmet is mandatory.

The CSP events are pretty laid back. Roll bars shouldn't be needed. I'm still talking with the powers that be.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14

Do you have a link to the site? maybe with a map and location of the track?

I should be able to scare up at least 2 more names from work. But I think we need to advertize this to other communities as soon as we get more concrete definition on what/when/how much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

RedRoadster

Postby RedRoadster » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (No-Coast-Punk @ Feb 21 2008, 09:13 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=27048]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Helmets need to be no more than 10 years old. That means Snell 95 is out. You need a snell 2000 or newer. HELMETS MUST HAVE A SNELL RATING.

If you are going to buy a helmet, get one with an SA rating. SA rated helmets have flame retardants and are designed for multiple impacts (such as your head bouncing off the interior of a car several times). Snell M helmets are a 1 time use only thing for motorcycles. At an event like this I will typically let a snell M rating slide. But in a serious racing situation an SA rated helmet is mandatory.

The CSP events are pretty laid back. Roll bars shouldn't be needed. I'm still talking with the powers that be.[/b]

Is that backwards? I thought M's were multiple impact, but not fire retardant?
95 Classic Red Miata - 'Kona'
Racing Beat Sways, AEM WB O2 sensor, ACT clutch, Ground Control Springs, Bilstein HDs, Fat Cat bumpstops, 95 stock 14s (winter) or 99 sport 15s (summer)
Flyin' Miata stuff:
FM II Link GT2560R turbo, Butterfly brace, N/A dual exhaust, Oil filter relo kit, Rear shock mounts

08 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3s GT Sedan - 'Tuna'
OEM Wing spoiler, Sirius and Media switcher

05 Onyx Black Mazda 6i Hatchback - 'Smokey'

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14

No. An M rating is to be used once- like when you fall off a motorcycle and crack your noggin on the road. There is really only one primary impact in a motorcycle wreck- the rest is just road rash. In a tumbling car, you and your helmet can strike the roll bar several times- each with about the same severity as the last. But that's not to say that if you get in a wreck with an SA helmet and you know it's struck the roll bar that the helmet can be used again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No-Coast-Punk

Postby No-Coast-Punk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

There isn't really a site for the track per se. It's a private deal owned by the state patrol.

Years ago one of our buddies had the keys and a few us would go play on weekends.

After doing this a few times we got legit. and lined up insurance and NASA oversight.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39....mp;t=h&z=17

Here is a sat. photo of what the track looks like. The layout is pretty simple, but has some interesting points. There are a few slight elevation changes that can ruin your day if you aren't paying attention. I watched a guy total an M3 with less than 5,000 on the clock over that long sweeper in the upper left corner. At 120+mph most cars WILL get all 4 wheels off the ground on the front straight (the one that is on the left of that picture) coming into the corner entry for the sweeper. Novices can also have a really hard time finding the right line through the double apex on the right side.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

scary...
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

No-Coast-Punk

It really is a very easy and tame track if you stick within your limits and don't behave like an asshat. Remember, it's designed to train complete novices to hustle a car around at the bleeding limit. But it has a few scary things that can really test an experienced driver as well.

It takes some very serious power to hit 120+ on that straight too.

The dude who totaled the E46 M3 was a complete dunce with enormous penis enhancement issues. Was being tailed by an extremely fast Subaru piloted by a very superior driver. Rather than simply admitting he had purchased the biggest piece of shit M car BMW has ever made, and moving over to let the Subaru pass, he tried to block the Subaru for a half dozen laps. He finally carried way too much speed into that long sweeper and punted the car off into the weeds at about 120.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

It's funny you mentioned the BMW rolling. Of the few cars I've seen damaged at the track (probably 6 or so), most of those were BMW's and ALL of the BMWs rolled.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

Phew as long as all of them are BMW's im safe :P
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

No-Coast-Punk

This one didn't roll... it just annihilated the front/rear subframes and suspension and tweaked the chassis a bit...

The damage to the car didn't look too bad.... but you can't exactly un-twist a BMW chassis.

BMW owners on the whole aren't too bad (hell, my daily is a '95 540i) but some of them take the "ultimate driving machine" thing a wee too far.

RX-7drifter

Postby RX-7drifter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

wow sounds like bmw's m cars are worthless or just the drivers of them

but 100 bucks or less count me in

T4 turbo, custom magnaflow exauhst, intake

DemonOfTheFall

Postby DemonOfTheFall » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:14

Woo add my to the list, especially if its going to be $100 or less I am all over that.

Nick Leone

Postby Nick Leone » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:14

I'll go depending on what day it is!

1. MazdaTom - Tom
2. Huzer21 - Tim
3. SpeedRacer - Asshat
4. Rx8ghost - Rob
5. Greek8 - Jimmy
6. Drifter - Chris
7. Gold Rocket - That one guy
8. Nick Leone - Nick
Nick Leone
99 FSP 10 HS
Mods: Short Ram intake, Front and rear strut tower braces, Corksport Power series cat back exhaust, APR CF side mirrors, short throw shifter, Bronzoil shifter bushings, MX-3 Rear lower tie bar and 18% tint.
http://www.myspace.com/nicklphotography
http://imbob29.deviantart.com/

cprtrainer

Postby cprtrainer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:14

Mee 2!

1. MazdaTom - Tom
2. Huzer21 - Tim
3. SpeedRacer - Asshat
4. Rx8ghost - Rob
5. Greek8 - Jimmy
6. Drifter - Chris
7. Gold Rocket - That one guy