PPIHC Fan Fest and Hill Climb 2017

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
speedjunkie

PPIHC Fan Fest and Hill Climb 2017

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:14

Chris and I have talked about Fan Fest this Friday (23 June) and he said we can park at his business again, which is only a few blocks away from Fan Fest for anyone who hasn't gone with us the last few years. So we're planning on meeting up there, I'm guessing around 5pm since that's when Fan Fest starts (and it goes until 10pm). I always have fun down there. Last year I met Rhys and Rod Millen, and a couple years before that I met Monster Tajima. And all the car eye candy there is awesome too.

I'm also thinking about going to the actual event this year too if anyone is interested. The only time I went was with Zico back in 2012. We got to the gates around 9pm the night before and slept on the cots next to our cars (we were fairly close to the gates), and then when they opened the gates at 430am we drove up to Glen Cove and parked and set up our canopy and cots on top of a hill there overlooking quite a bit of area, then slept until the race started a few hours later. We had a cooler and chairs set up. It was a pretty good day, aside from all the delays keeping vehicles from racing up, due to idiots being on the road, idiots falling off a cliff face and the ambulance having to come get them, and the cars and bikes themselves crashing. We didn't get off the mountain until 10pm that Sunday night. I'll probably try to do the same thing this year, going up to sleep outside the gates, finding a spot (either at Glen Cove or maybe closer to the starting point), taking the canopy, chairs, cooler, etc.

Would anyone be interested in going to either of these? I believe we already have a few people going to Fan Fest, but so far I think I'm alone in going to the Hill Climb.

Shadowden

Re: PPIHC Fan Fest and Hill Climb 2017

Postby Shadowden » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14

Did you guys only take one vehicle up the road? I actually wouldn't mind going to the event, but unfortunately will likely be working on my lumberjacking skills.

Definitely interested in Fan Fest though. Might see about coming down for that. Is Chris' work accessible from a traffic perspective at 5:00p or is it already a madhouse in the area?

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14

No we each drove our cars. I took the FD (of course haha) and Zico took his FC (obviously, difficult to drive the FD when it's been down for almost a decade BOOM!). Somehow we were able to get all our stuff in the cars. The cots, sleeping bags, cooler, canopy. This time I might take the Pathfinder though, I'm not sure yet.

Yeah you can get to his work pretty easy. I'd take the Cimarron exit off I-25 and then go up Cascade until you get to...it's either Vermijo or Costilla. You'd take the alley behind the buildings on Cascade, the parking is around back. Hopefully Chris chimes in on here with the address lol.

I think it's this one.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bryan ... 04.8253417

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14

417 South Cascade. The building is an old church.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14

Enjoy fan fest, my avalanche and S2K parts came in and I will be putting the shocks and brake lines on the avalanche.

Return to “Track Days and Events”