FDEEZ's Project "V"

FDEEZ

FDEEZ's Project "V"

Postby FDEEZ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14

I'm not sure I'll convert my Sunday grocery-getter into a project car, but this thread will be a placeholder in case I do.

Since the FD is still under construction, I thought I'd take my other weekend clunker to Pueblo to have some fun. Despite being a hefty 2,000 lbs heavier than my FD, completely stock, and having a 100 hp less, she surprised me when she cut 7 seconds off of my FD's time at PMP. So it left me temporarily wondering if I'm focusing on the wrong platform to tweak for the track. That feeling only lasted about 1 second...I just love my Rx7!!!

Anyway, here's me and Saul_Good having some fun following a turbocharged miata. Unfortunately, the miata spun out. Luckily I filmed it :-) Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhk6GJPk0pA&feature=youtu.be

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14

Luis said he rode in your car. You should start building this too...you know you want to. lol

FDEEZ

Re: FDEEZ's Project "V"

Postby FDEEZ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:14

Crashed an annual LSX cruise this weekend. With over 30 cars, it became quite interesting during heavy, bumper-to-bumper traffic on the way to Eisenhower Tunnel. But when traffic did open up, it became even more interesting (I'll let you guess what these 500hp cars would do). Due to that, I probably won't attend another one of these "cruises". Anyway, it was supposed to be an all-day event that finished at the Golden Supercruise. Since I was pretty worn out from all the stop & go traffic, I didn't stay for all the festivities.

Its funny, I think I had the only stock car there. Because of that...once again I'm tempted to "tweak" this comfortably quiet car.

Here's some pics. A supercharged V8 FD3S crashed the party too :-)

With summer rapidly coming to an end, anyone planning a cruise in the Springs well?

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:14

Haha, the bug always bites.

Chris said the car would be ready by the end of the month so I'm planning to get it then. I'll be down for several cruises this fall before I deploy again. I'm dying to actually.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:14

Nice lap! I spun my s2k on the corner where that miata first wobbled (2 turns before the drag strip) and luckily Luis didn't "t" me up. I'd like to take a normal ride in your CTS V. I like the stylings of both the coupe and wagon, but have never been in one.

I was surprised by your max speed on the strip straight. That was getting after it and you carried a lot of that into the first turn.

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:Haha, the bug always bites.

Chris said the car would be ready by the end of the month so I'm planning to get it then. I'll be down for several cruises this fall before I deploy again. I'm dying to actually.

The bug does always bite :-( To be honest, what I've been itching to modify for years is my 5.9L 24v CR Cummins. I always told myself that after I paid off the truck, that I'd dig into that project. Well it's been 3 years since paying it off and the truck is still stock'ish. I'm actually proud of myself for not touching it...but I'm not sure for how much longer I can hold out. Of all my vehicles, for some reason, that truck is my all-time favorite. There's just something about that Cummins diesel that gets me (which is why I drive it most...and it's my daily driver).

Regarding cruises, I can't wait. Hopefully you can get your car back before the weather takes a turn for the worse. I hear predictions that we may be in for a rougher winter than last year.

Shadowden wrote:Nice lap! I spun my s2k on the corner where that miata first wobbled (2 turns before the drag strip) and luckily Luis didn't "t" me up. I'd like to take a normal ride in your CTS V. I like the stylings of both the coupe and wagon, but have never been in one.

I was surprised by your max speed on the strip straight. That was getting after it and you carried a lot of that into the first turn.

Thanks for the compliments. The V is definitely confidence inspiring. I hate to say it...but it's even more confidence-inspiring than my FD. It has the best steering that I've ever experienced, stops on a dime, and is very predictable at its limit (at high speeds). I'm not saying it'll out-handle or out-accelerate my FD...but it's the "feeling one with the car" experience that it delivers that enables me produce quicker lap times than my FD. Those crazy GM engineers got it right when they tuned the steering & suspension on this car.

Anyway, you're more than welcome to take a ride in it. If at a meet/cruise/track, anyone's welcome to take a ride in any of my vehicles.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:14

I'd been up for a cruise.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:14

I usually take the FD out for a quick spin around the Springs on my Sunday morning coffee run. If you're interested in grabbing some coffee & taking the 7's out on Sunday's...lmk. I try to take the 7 out at least once a week. Are you going to the Saturday car show in Sep? We can probably do a more elaborate cruise at that time.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:14

FDEEZ wrote:I usually take the FD out for a quick spin around the Springs on my Sunday morning coffee run. If you're interested in grabbing some coffee & taking the 7's out on Sunday's...lmk. I try to take the 7 out at least once a week. Are you going to the Saturday car show in Sep? We can probably do a more elaborate cruise at that time.

Your talking the first staurdays car show I assume? I'll be there, I went this month and it has gotten huge. I got there at 7:50 and had to park way out.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Return to “Piston Vehicle”