The new Taco

RX-7 Chris

Re: The new Taco

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:14

maturity I guess, haha.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:14

A spouse that isn't terribly keen on yearly car swaps cuts down on that too. Don't think for a second I haven't wanted to at some point. I had a plan to sell the truck and buy an 95-97 Land Cruiser. Getting into something older though guarantees working on it, which then guarantees I'll get tired of working on it and wanting to dump it in a couple of years. I don't mind that for my project, but not for my DD...if you can even call the Taco a DD. It is close to surpassing the wife's vehicle on the ODO, despite having had the Jeep a year and a half longer. Quite a difference from only putting 4k on the Focus before trading that in.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:14

In the future, when you are ready to get rid of the Taco, please keep me in mind.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:14

In the long list of cars, the Tacoma has now reached a new level...it's second only behind my '96 Yukon in terms of length of ownership. I have some time to catch up to that one, though. I had it 4 years! Ha.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14

20k on the Taco now. It's practically a high mileage vehicle now. To celebrate the achievement, I bought a center console organizer thingy. The truck almost has the same amount of miles on it as my wife's Jeep, which is strange as her's is the more comfy cruiser. I guess I should just start driving that around. We've had the Jeep about a year and a half longer than the Taco.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:14

I'm bored, and waiting for a meeting to start, so I figured I'd review the "mods" for the Tacoma.

Fumoto Drain Valve Installed, but no oil change with it installed. No leaks, so that's good.
    WeatherTech Digitial Fit liners (with TRD Sport gel decals) Love WeatherTechs and will always get them for my vehicles.
    OEM Side Steps - Functional for my wife and son, and for me when I wash it. Mostly, they get in my way getting in/out. I'd get them again, mainly because 2/3 of my family use them.
    Fold a Cover locking bed cover - Favorite mod so far. Can lock gear in the bed, keep stuff dry, and fold it all up when I need the full bed. For finding it used, I'm thrilled.
    Bed mat Works, found it used on CL. Keeps stuff from sliding around.
    Vehicle OCD center console organizer
    Tint - Front Windows Me like. Little dark at night, but the price I pay for lookin' good.
    TRD Pro Grill Looks good. Probably wouldn't do it again. I'll consider this my non-functional splurge.

I can see getting wheels in the future when I need to get tires. To keep it reliable and long lasting, I don't really plan on any major mods. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind. Goal #1 is pay if off. Just another ho-hum Toyota wandering the roads.

Return to “Piston Vehicle”