New Toy!!! (Motorcycle)

General Car Related Discussion
whobeyou

New Toy!!! (Motorcycle)

Postby whobeyou » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:14

Went in to buy a helmet and walked out with this!!!

It's a 2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R 1+1!!! :24ae9f07:

I'll put more pics up tonight/tomorrow! The current modifications to it are: Power Commander 3 with tune, Deleted Cat, Upgraded Water Pump, Upgraded Coolant Hoses, Muzzy Fan Blades, Manual Fan Switch. Can you tell she runs hot?! lol

Dwduc

Re: New Toy!!! (Motorcycle)

Postby Dwduc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:14

Gorgeous bike Who, I am jealous. No bike sounds better than an MV 1000 and not many Ducati owners will admit that!
That is a suspicious amount of cooling modifications, did the previous owner ride in parades!?!
My favorite mod on my 996 is the quickchange rear chainwheel, which you can also get for this as it is a single side arm also. AFAM makes a quality one and then you can change gearing easily if you wanna set the bike up for cruising or something more spirited.

Are those Dunlop sportmax? I like those but you always get people stopping to tell you that your front tire is on backwards.

whobeyou

Thank you for the compliments :). It's always nice to hear!

Yes, the cooling mods are substantial, and not complete! lol. This bike runs super HOT. It's a common issue on the F4 1000s and even the F4 750s get warm. Italians do everything well except cooling and wiring haha.

I'm not sure what tires these are, My ninja ZX9R (in the pic) has Pirelli Diablos and I really enjoyed those. I'll have to do some research when it comes time to change them. I'll have to check the front tire, see if it's on backwards lol.

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:14

It is on right, the tread just confuses people as it is opposite the rear, think of the front tire as trying to accelerate you in the opposite direction as the rear (Braking)

whobeyou

I have to say it's the MOST uncomfortable bike I've ever been on. The seat has absolutely no cushion, you're basically sitting on plastic haha.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:14

Looks nice but I know nothing about bikes.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:14

Pretty bike. My buddy down in the springs has a handful of Ducs. Just picked up a 748R and ST4s. I think he still has an ST2 and 900SS. He keeps trying to get me back into bikes. Have to admit, it's tempting at times. Sport bikes were uncomfortable for me in my 20s, I couldn't imagine riding one now. If I ever did get something, maybe a KLR just to bomb around on. CO is the first place I've lived and haven't owned a bike. Same goes for a boat, too.

whobeyou

Postby whobeyou » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:Looks nice but I know nothing about bikes.

Haha, no worries, it's basically an Italian made racing bike. As far as I know, this is the only one of it's year and model in the state.

Huzer wrote:Pretty bike. My buddy down in the springs has a handful of Ducs. Just picked up a 748R and ST4s. I think he still has an ST2 and 900SS. He keeps trying to get me back into bikes. Have to admit, it's tempting at times. Sport bikes were uncomfortable for me in my 20s, I couldn't imagine riding one now. If I ever did get something, maybe a KLR just to bomb around on. CO is the first place I've lived and haven't owned a bike. Same goes for a boat, too.

I am in the same boat as you. I was in the market for a Harley, and I end up with this thing. I wasn't planning on buying a bike, just saw this and had to have it haha.

Return to “Car Chat”