For all you DISI guys

General Car Related Discussion
Dwduc

For all you DISI guys

Postby Dwduc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:14

I ran across this product while having issues with a misfire on my SIDI ecotec in my Solstice. looks promising! A way to de-gunk intake valves without pulling manifolds!!

http://www.carcarenewsservice.org/video/crc-gdi-ivd%E2%84%A2-intake-valve-cleaner-mav-tvs-two-guys-garage

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:14

So I wonder how that would work with a turbo... you spray that into the intake and go through the turbo and intercooler too? I thought 3M have something similar but you spray it at the throttle body.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX5J5kZLTw4"]3M? Fuel System Tune-Up Kit - YouTube[/ame]
Image Image

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14

I would be curious to see before and after results from independent owners. Most of the "just spray" products (like sea foam, ect) the VW people used didn't seem to hardly do anything.
AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14

It sounds like its a very concentrated solvent developed specifically for the massive gunk that builds up on GDI cars. I don't know that I would want it going through my turbo. I would probably spray it at the throttle body. I just walnut shelled my intake valves last month but if anyone is gonna give this a try I would like to assist and do before and after boroscope inspection. If it does what it claims it is definitely worth $14 a can.

Return to “Car Chat”