11%
E30 BMW 325i / 325is
22%
E36 BMW 325i / 325is / 328i / 328is
No votes

Total votes: 9

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14

Huzer wrote:E36 M3 would be a fun car too. How is the ease of DIY and the expense of aftermarket for them though? It would seem a Miata would ultimately be more inexpensive. That said, I haven't priced NBs. I simply took the cheapest Miata I could find when I received spousal approval. Had to strike while the iron was hot.

I'll be honest, though. If given the choice between the two at the same pricepoint, I'd go M3, potential headaches be damned!

DIY is reasonable on the E36. Not quite as simplistic as the Miata, but still a longitudinally mounted inline-6; so they're easier to work on than most transverse or V-engine vehicles. The aftermarket is also reasonable, but not nearly as cheap as the Miata. The motors generally take a good beating and run forever, but consumables would be pricier due to larger brakes, wider/taller tires, more cylinders, ect.

I hear ya Tim! The little lady is on-board in this case. She could care less about what I get (within reason- financially) as long as I take her for a ride in it from time to time. :D
AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14

I'm biased toward the NB :D I didn't pay as much as I see them going for here. My guess is that people use them as nice day/summer cars so they're kept really well which is the reason for their premium price i see them go for here in Colorado.

roninsoldier83

Saul_Good wrote:I'm biased toward the NB :D I didn't pay as much as I see them going for here. My guess is that people use them as nice day/summer cars so they're kept really well which is the reason for their premium price i see them go for here in Colorado.

Ya know, I wouldn't mind making a drive for the right car... but there doesn't seem to be as much of a price gap between the in-state vs out of state cars to justify the extra cost of getting it here. Do you mind if I ask how much you picked yours up for?

BTW, beautiful 10AE you have there! Honestly, a clean 10AE would be ideal if I could come across one for the right price. Very nice sir. :D

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14

roninsoldier83 wrote:Ya know, I wouldn't mind making a drive for the right car... but there doesn't seem to be as much of a price gap between the in-state vs out of state cars to justify the extra cost of getting it here. Do you mind if I ask how much you picked yours up for?

BTW, beautiful 10AE you have there! Honestly, a clean 10AE would be ideal if I could come across one for the right price. Very nice sir. :D

At the time:
91k miles
FM sways
FM Midpipe w/high flow cat
Racing Beat Header (wrapped)
Boss Frog Rollbar
AFCO Coilovers
Trackdog front lip

$6000 (I tried to get $5000 but he wouldn't budge and I really wanted it).

roninsoldier83

Saul_Good wrote:At the time:
91k miles
FM sways
FM Midpipe w/high flow cat
Racing Beat Header (wrapped)
Boss Frog Rollbar
AFCO Coilovers
Trackdog front lip

$6000 (I tried to get $5000 but he wouldn't budge and I really wanted it).

Wow, that's one hell of a good deal on a tastefully modded 10AE! Fortunately, I've got nothing but time... maybe I'll run into a deal like that somewhere along the way. :)

Return to “Car Chat”