Camaraderie

General Car Related Discussion
SpeedRacer

Camaraderie

Postby SpeedRacer » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

Where has it gone? This place used to have a ton of it, its slowly slipped away. How do you all suggest to get it back? Is it possible? Do you agree?
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

I have PLENTY!!! Peeps just need to be sure to come to my house on May 24th, and they will see tons of it! :D

CWPMS3

Getting together, Just Do It!

Postby CWPMS3 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

I work for the Air Force now and having been prior service Army I can Tell you, you have got to do things together. All the P.T. several times a week and other Misc. Unit gatherings that we did in the Army, while not always fun and enjoyable, did bring people closer together. I now see it from a civilian side in my A.F. job and their togetherness is much more lacking. I know it is hard to get all the members together being that "you can't make me do that" in a friendly group gathering of auto buffs. Yah Gotta hang out to find out the bits and pieces that make everyone up. How else are you going to make fun of so-and-so when she or he has that goofy laugh or funny tic. I unfourtunately am still in Arizona and it looks like I will be for some time. I will be up that way occasionally visiting and would like to look up the club. Good luck. Clay.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

Agreed in the Army we had tons of it.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

I disagree, My car was egged and everyone posted up saying sorry and they hope whoever did it gets it in return. That is exactly why i posted up in the first place. I think it is still here just not as strong. Perhaps with summer and the sonic meets starting up agian it will all come back. Winter is a hard time to pass in a car club. Once everyone starts getting mods and the "itch" things will be back to normal.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

I agree with Buffalo.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

I agree with Buffalo to. The last winter was the same as well. Real slow on the forums and started to pick up later on. Heck it's starting to pick up already. Were getting a few new members showing up to meets everytime.

ms. D

Postby ms. D » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

Life just sucks for a few of us I think. I've only been able to make it to one meet and we didn't stay long because of the people I chose to bring with, and i'm a little shy around new peeps :D It'll pick up around here though. This forum has a lot of good people and little to no drama and I think that is what keeps people coming back to it. We just get side tracked with our daily lives is all.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

Yup...I think that's it, too. It is hard to have a certain level of camaraderie when we all have such busy lives, and most of us don't see eachother regularly, outside of meets. I don't think we're choosing not to have that camaraderie...for me, most of the time I am just too busy on the weekends to make it to meets, unfortunately. Or whenever I can go, nobody else goes. Aside from being on here, I'm also involved with NASA and CO Drift, trying to break into road racing and drifting. That takes up a lot of my time; at least one whole weekend a month is dedicated to that. Every Friday night I have dinner with my family, so that prevents me from going to any meets on Friday. I'm also a musician trying to write and record a solo album. I've been doing home renovations as well lately; painting, rearranging, and now installing hardwood floors. So yeah...while a lot of us may not be going to meets, we all come back to the forum pretty regularly, and I think that says a lot as it is. :) I also agree that it's amazing that this forum has almost zero drama associated with it...it's the only local car club I can say that about, and for that I'm thankful.

deepSpeedMS3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

life is crazy for me now too. Schools almost out and no more students for me. Ill have more time then.
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

JZSpeed6

Postby JZSpeed6 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14

I think that the economy has made it difficult for modders to get excited about drooling on parts they can't afford. I wish that I could drop $10,000 in mods but I can't even afford $80. I stop by the forum about once a week to stay in touch, but I am not on as much now that I can't afford parts. I think that there is still the desire for community, but it is overshadowed by not wanting to torture myself too much by reading about all the cool stuff you all are doing with your rides.
Let the modding begin. <b>HP=-AF</b><i> (Increase in HP is directly proportionate to the decline in available funds)</i>

jamiel

Postby jamiel » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14

SpeedRacer wrote:How do you all suggest to get it back?

I heard that WalMart has cameraderie on sale, maybe go pick some up?

<ducks>

:D

Just busy with family and work, then autocross when there's spare time. I'll get out to meets as time allows.

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14

Josh,

What are you smoking? There hasn't been any change, our club is actually doing better the last couple of months! Once we get our events going, you'll see a change!

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

CWPMS3

Postby CWPMS3 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14

I agree with all. Economy, work, seasons, school,,,,you name it. I wish I coule afford the 12 hour drive to try out some CoSpgs Sonic Tater tots and meet everyone. The Spring is here for yall and it has already hit 103 for 3 days here,,,, so enjoy the weather and hook it up!

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14

MazdaGurl wrote:Josh, What are you smoking? There hasn't been any change <snip...>

Yeah... because complete disparagement of somebodies opinion is the first thing that comes to mind, when I think "camaraderie". Haha...

Return to “Car Chat”