Looking for a deallership

General Car Related Discussion
Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14

pyrrhus17 wrote:Is mcdonald mazda good or is it a stealership ?

I've never met a not-stealer dealer. That said, McDonald is the only dealership (literally, I went to every front range dealership) that helped fix my RX8 transmission. Groove (nee Burt) used to be good, and might still be. Gateway blows for service, but might be good on the sales front. Stay away from Mazda of Lakewood at all costs. Never, ever go there. They're bad on sales, bad on service, bad on attitude.

Learjet45 wrote:As for mod friendly mazda dealers, well Jimmy is super modded with his 8 and I think he's had decent experience at Mazda of Lakewood. Not sure about anyone else. I'd wait for others to chime in on that part.

They're the ones that screwed him over, actually. Went to get transmission work done under warranty, and they pleasantly showed him a picture of his car at Bandimere and denied his warranty claim. That was before his car was boosted.

Shooter McGavin

Postby Shooter McGavin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14

Bob Penkhus Mazda in the springs is where I got mine and the experience was pretty good. As far as mod friendly im not sure, i've only taken in my car for an oil change so couldn't tell you.
No regrets, that's my motto.....That and everybody Wang Chung tonight.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14

Gateway I give a + on sales. Don't go there for any work to be done. Especially if you plan on modding. I don't care for Lakewood since they got new owners way back when. Groove I can't speak for but when they were still Burt Mazda they were good. Service might be better/faster there now to since they only deal with Mazda and not Ford anymore.

Huzer wrote:They're the ones that screwed him over, actually. Went to get transmission work done under warranty, and they pleasantly showed him a picture of his car at Bandimere and denied his warranty claim. That was before his car was boosted.

Actually it was both Lakewood and McDonald that screwed me. Lakewood indirectly, because they had a picture f my car racing as their desktop wallpaper and the Regional rep that gives the o for warranty work happened to see it there while my car was at McDonald. McDonald "fixed" it one time (worked well for 3 days) then when I took it back it was denied. I doubt they even fixed it the first time.

I just stay away from the dealerships unless I really need something for them t do nowadays. Like program the module for the airbags in the other 8.

ImageImage

hcbr929rr2

Postby hcbr929rr2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14

I can't praise Groove Mazda on arapahoe enough, I've bought well over 20 cars from dealers in my life so far and this was by far the best dealership I've ever worked with, polite, no BS, efficient, heck when I went in to get the car I only spent 45min there, paperwork and everything I was mucho impressed

RichB

Postby RichB » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14

My car was at Groove Service this week and they gave me a call to tell me that my KW coils were leaking in the rear. I have never head a dealer do that. They usually ignore any problems they find on aftermarket stuff because 'its not their problem'.
2007 [color="RoyalBlue"]Cosmic Blue[/color] Mazdaspeed 3 [color="Red"]GT[/color]

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14

This thread makes me want to start taking my car to Groove Subaru for service from now on. If all their dealerships are like Groove Mazda, then they definitely have my business.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

pyrrhus17

Postby pyrrhus17 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14

Got both my cars at Groove 2hrs 2 cars no BS best expierence I have had to date !

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14

Little late now it seems, but yea I wouldn't bother coming down to the Springs. At least not to the Bob Penkhus on Woodmen. It's my own fault for not haggling more but they completely ripped me off on my MS3 purchase, especially on my trade-in. Told me they wouldn't even probably be able to sell my SRT-4 and it would probably just go to auction so they would only give me 6k for it. Next day it was for sale for $12,500 and gone in less than a week. Made me so mad.

I know the dealership is in business to make as much money as possible, I just hate feeling like I took it up the tailpipe in a deal. I didn't walk away from my MS3 trade/Mustang purchase feeling like that at all from Phil Long. I felt like they actually worked with me. They even ended up calling me a couple days later and saying they got me an even better rate/payment than we had original agreed upon. I would definitely buy from Phil Long Ford at Chapel Hills again, but that doesn't help you much if you're looking for a brand new Mazda, heh.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14

Courtesy Mazda in Longmont has a silver MS3 on the floor.

hcbr929rr2

Postby hcbr929rr2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14

yup! I was in there for a total of about 45min when I bought my MS3, no BS, no price switch from what they quoted me on the phone, no pressure to buy a bunch of extra BS, just a good time. Grats on your 2 car purchase man!

Return to “Car Chat”