heater core

General Car Related Discussion
pst4life

heater core

Postby pst4life » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14

i really do not like my car right now me heater core is goin out with how cold it is out side i do not know what too do with it sense i cant have it down because i need too have my car and my wife needs hers sense we have a 2 month old baby. what do i do
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CWPMS3

Un-heater core.

Postby CWPMS3 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14

If you cannot find anyone to do it on your days off then I would suggest doing it yourself. The problem is, Do you have tools and a manual that tells you where it is exactly? They tend to be burried in the AC/Heater blower assy which tends to be burried under and behind the dash. Not a lot of fun on your day off and hopefully not out in the cold. I am sure you can find one for a fair price online also. I just left there from a visit at 4 deg F, and am happy to be back in Phoenix. Sorry to hear your heater core is going bad. Another thing to consider is your radiator. If the heater core is clogging and not passing fluid then it would be good to have your radiator flushed. I had this same issue with my 90 MPV. No heat, then overheating. I forget what I paid for the heater core but I remember around $80 for the radiator. At any rate good luck and bundle up in the mean time.

deepSpeedMS3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14

Mine went out on my F150. EXSPENSIVE. Like 1200 for me. Part was 150 but laber was a shit load cause they have to take off your whole dash. at least in the truck. good luck
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

pst4life

Postby pst4life » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14

i wont pay for labor sense i work at a shop i might see if they can do it an i can get a manual an the tools too do the job
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rush24

Postby rush24 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14

pst4life wrote:i wont pay for labor sense i work at a shop i might see if they can do it an i can get a manual an the tools too do the job

Not to be rude.....but why ask this question if you work at a shop and have access to tools and most likely parts??:confused:
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=134]
2007 Black CX7

Apexcone Raptor 6000k HID...
[color=Black]Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe

Forge V1 BPV...ProSport Boost Gauge
3" DP back Exhaust System
[/color][/font][/SIZE]...[color=Black]PG SRI
SURE Motor Mount...
[/color]

Dash Hawk...Altered Customs CX-7 FMIC

pst4life

Postby pst4life » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:14

because i was just wondering what people think sens i take that in too consideration. AN it was my blend door that was stuck sense now it gets hot now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Car Chat”